Sramano brakes!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 17:29 Quote
So I've made a set of brakes out of Shimano m6140 levers and SRAM DB8 calipers.

My thoughts were that I liked the brakes in general, but I wasn't a huge fan of the levers for a couple reasons. Plus I'm a fan off the simple Shimano cup bleed.

So I wound up with these little beauties.

I'll post again if people are interested in this little project.

Has anyone else wanted to try this? Thoughts?

Posted: Sep 22, 2023 at 10:48 Quote
So how do you like your shimano/sram db8 set? I got DB8 on my new bike, but i usually prefer shimano brakes. So my plan would be like yours to use shimano levers with DB8 calipers. You posted in june, hows it holding up since then? Did you use shimano or sram oil?

O+
Posted: Dec 17, 2023 at 13:18 Quote
TheDude88 wrote:
So how do you like your shimano/sram db8 set? I got DB8 on my new bike, but i usually prefer shimano brakes. So my plan would be like yours to use shimano levers with DB8 calipers. You posted in june, hows it holding up since then? Did you use shimano or sram oil?

I really liked them. They felt more like shimanos, in the sense that they had a really strong bite point. It was crazy how just changing the lever made them feel way! different. I've since switched over to a set of Hayes brakes, but will be putting this set up on another bike of mine. I used shimano oil I believe, but I didn't really care, I don't think that different mineral oils matter to much. I'd highly recommend the switch to get super strong brakes on a budget.

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 5:11 Quote
Hi,

Did you use olive and needle SRAM or Shimano? I am assuming you have used SRAM original hose ,right?

Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 7:23 Quote
I got the db8 brakes and actually dont mind them. I also have an mt5 caliper and might try to use the lever for the db8 and the caliper from the mt5.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2024 at 12:04 Quote
Volodator wrote:
Hi,

Did you use olive and needle SRAM or Shimano? I am assuming you have used SRAM original hose ,right?

Shimano olive and Barb on lever side. SRAM hose.

Cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009002
Mobile Version of Website