hello folks - quick question, is the setup guide from ibis a pretty decent starting point? or do i just throw it out ?
curious what has been working for others on these bikes. the setup guide form fox, has never worked for me and i run way lower PSI than recommended for my weight
I've only had 1 ride on it. after pickup from the shop. they did a quick setup, and a disappointing one at that. hoping to get some laps in today.
Fox 38, Float X2. i have a DVO Jade Coil coming in the mail also....but ill probably run the X2 on local trails and the coil on park/shuttle days
anyways. the guide recommends 2 spacers in the 38 ~70psi and 2 in the shock at ~205psi
im currently at 72psi and 2 up front and 1 spacer in the rear at 195psi
with what the shop gave me, i had 3 spacers and 80psi, it felt harsh as hell up front but the rear felt good.
for reference, 170lbs ready to ride. pretty mellow rider. nothing huge or crazy fast over here.
hello folks - quick question, is the setup guide from ibis a pretty decent starting point? or do i just throw it out ?
curious what has been working for others on these bikes. the setup guide form fox, has never worked for me and i run way lower PSI than recommended for my weight
I've only had 1 ride on it. after pickup from the shop. they did a quick setup, and a disappointing one at that. hoping to get some laps in today.
Fox 38, Float X2. i have a DVO Jade Coil coming in the mail also....but ill probably run the X2 on local trails and the coil on park/shuttle days
anyways. the guide recommends 2 spacers in the 38 ~70psi and 2 in the shock at ~205psi
with what the shop gave me, i had 3 spacers and 80psi, it felt harsh as hell up front but the rear felt good.
for reference, 170lbs ready to ride. pretty mellow rider. nothing huge or crazy fast over here.
whats working for the rest of you?
I've only had a few rides on the new Ripmo. I would say that I'm still working on the set up - the 38s feel great - I think I'm running 77 PSI and two spacers. They are awesome. Not loving the X2 so far - I'm running 204 PSI and two spacers. Feels very firm and it seems like I'm using all the travel. Might put a third spacer in and see if I can drop PSI a bit to see if it will soften up. I'm probably riding at ~190, technical blues and light blacks. Thinking very hard about a DVO Jade or Jade X coil. Interested to hear your experiences with it if you have any,.
hello folks - quick question, is the setup guide from ibis a pretty decent starting point? or do i just throw it out ?
curious what has been working for others on these bikes. the setup guide form fox, has never worked for me and i run way lower PSI than recommended for my weight
I've only had 1 ride on it. after pickup from the shop. they did a quick setup, and a disappointing one at that. hoping to get some laps in today.
Fox 38, Float X2. i have a DVO Jade Coil coming in the mail also....but ill probably run the X2 on local trails and the coil on park/shuttle days
anyways. the guide recommends 2 spacers in the 38 ~70psi and 2 in the shock at ~205psi
with what the shop gave me, i had 3 spacers and 80psi, it felt harsh as hell up front but the rear felt good.
for reference, 170lbs ready to ride. pretty mellow rider. nothing huge or crazy fast over here.
whats working for the rest of you?
I've only had a few rides on the new Ripmo. I would say that I'm still working on the set up - the 38s feel great - I think I'm running 77 PSI and two spacers. They are awesome. Not loving the X2 so far - I'm running 204 PSI and two spacers. Feels very firm and it seems like I'm using all the travel. Might put a third spacer in and see if I can drop PSI a bit to see if it will soften up. I'm probably riding at ~190, technical blues and light blacks. Thinking very hard about a DVO Jade or Jade X coil. Interested to hear your experiences with it if you have any,.
ill be in north van sunday actually to do some more riding.,
i am running a DVO right now 450lb spring. im 170 RTR
i have mixed feelings...off the top its more plush but even with the rebound dialed asll the way down i find the rear end likes to buck.
the X2 i found was m ore predictable. 2 spacers about 190PSI IIRC. i matched the setup guide and i was feeling good. i might actually switch back to the X2 while I'm in Vancouver area since its more of a set it and forget it.
might even stop by suspension werks and see if they have a 400lb or would recommend one.
the 38 took me a while to dial in. longer than my 36. running very low pressures. i think 67 with 2? spacers. for reference i run 72 on my other enduro (cube stereo 150) with a 36.
i could be worng, but it hink the cube descends a bit more confidently. the ripmo is more composed on landings and climbs a bit better
hello folks - quick question, is the setup guide from ibis a pretty decent starting point? or do i just throw it out ?
curious what has been working for others on these bikes. the setup guide form fox, has never worked for me and i run way lower PSI than recommended for my weight
I've only had 1 ride on it. after pickup from the shop. they did a quick setup, and a disappointing one at that. hoping to get some laps in today.
Fox 38, Float X2. i have a DVO Jade Coil coming in the mail also....but ill probably run the X2 on local trails and the coil on park/shuttle days
anyways. the guide recommends 2 spacers in the 38 ~70psi and 2 in the shock at ~205psi
with what the shop gave me, i had 3 spacers and 80psi, it felt harsh as hell up front but the rear felt good.
for reference, 170lbs ready to ride. pretty mellow rider. nothing huge or crazy fast over here.
whats working for the rest of you?
I've only had a few rides on the new Ripmo. I would say that I'm still working on the set up - the 38s feel great - I think I'm running 77 PSI and two spacers. They are awesome. Not loving the X2 so far - I'm running 204 PSI and two spacers. Feels very firm and it seems like I'm using all the travel. Might put a third spacer in and see if I can drop PSI a bit to see if it will soften up. I'm probably riding at ~190, technical blues and light blacks. Thinking very hard about a DVO Jade or Jade X coil. Interested to hear your experiences with it if you have any,.
ill be in north van sunday actually to do some more riding.,
i am running a DVO right now 450lb spring. im 170 RTR
i have mixed feelings...off the top its more plush but even with the rebound dialed asll the way down i find the rear end likes to buck.
the X2 i found was m ore predictable. 2 spacers about 190PSI IIRC. i matched the setup guide and i was feeling good. i might actually switch back to the X2 while I'm in Vancouver area since its more of a set it and forget it.
might even stop by suspension werks and see if they have a 400lb or would recommend one.
the 38 took me a while to dial in. longer than my 36. running very low pressures. i think 67 with 2? spacers. for reference i run 72 on my other enduro (cube stereo 150) with a 36.
i could be worng, but it hink the cube descends a bit more confidently. the ripmo is more composed on landings and climbs a bit better
Have fun the conditions are great considering how dry it's been.
I went back to the set up guide to re-set the sag on the X2. I'm now running close to 230 which is where I should be for my weight. Still not as plush as I'd hoped and still bottoming out. But lots of fun descending for sure. Wants to go fast. Will revisit the front again to see if that is affecting the ride.
I had to actually change my front setting when I went from air to coil. the coil must be putting me more of a rear bias which meant lowering the fork pressure a few PSI to get that full travel
I generally have about 10mm to bottom out on local rides (XC style single track)
and next to nothing left when I take it to the mountains for some proper fun.
Hey, I’m in the same boat trying to dial in a new bike. That Ibis guide seems like a decent baseline, but I’ve found I usually end up way off from the numbers they suggest. How’s it feeling with your current setup after a few laps?
Hey! Sounds like you’re dialing it in already I’ve had similar experiences with the Fox setup guides—they’re often a starting point, but usually I end up a bit lower on PSI too. I’m curious what folks here are running as well, especially on mixed local trails vs park days. Are you leaning more coil or X2 for most of your riding?