Ultimate Zeb/Deluxe 2022 vs 2023 from new?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ultimate Zeb/Deluxe 2022 vs 2023 from new?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2023 at 14:41 Quote
Hi, my understanding is that in general current 2.1 owners are advised to keep their forks, potentially tune them, rather than upgrading to the latest fork with the charger 3.

I'm shopping for a new bike, and wondering, in the case where I'm happy with the rest of the builds and it's just down to the suspension, would the same advice be given if I was to choose between two bikes, one having 2022 Ultimate Zeb/Deluxe and the other 2023? Is the 2023 the way to go (newer = better?) or will I be better off grabbing the 2022 and saving a bit of money?

Thanks!

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 6:49 Quote
I mean, I'm an old school guy - hence almost 25 years around these bits.......

I'm an old prick who thinks that if ya didn't build it yerself, ya ain't worth shit. If it 'twere me.....I'd opt for the least amount of available garbage from the factory, and do things my own GD way.....But then again, I like to make junk MINE. Not someone elses'. Up to you though. Why be an individual if it'll save you an hour, right? Let someone else dictate your life decisions at a premium cost......it's the best thing you could ever do. Rolleyes Get the least amount of factory shit, and change EVERYTHING else to make it yours.

Then again, I'm old and crazy.

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 10:07 Quote
Mate, I'm not Gary Fisher. Thanks for your reply anyway

O+
Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 13:08 Quote
I just switched my charger 3 on my Lyrik for a Shockcraft tuned charger 2.1. I am running a 160mm Lyrik.

Complaints with my Charger 3 Lyrik,

1. The form was harsh on high speed hits (mostly northeast USA roots and rocks)
2. The fork would never use more than 145mm of travel

Shockcraft Tuned charger 2.1:

I found the fork is suppler off the top, and more willing to use travel.

I added 5 psi to the fork and still find it's more supple initially, while still having plenty of support on drops to flats.

I've never ridden a stock 2.1, but a tuned one was an immediately noticeable improvement over the charger 3.

Posted: Jul 9, 2023 at 14:38 Quote
misterK2003 wrote:

I found the fork is suppler off the top, and more willing to use travel.

I added 5 psi to the fork and still find it's more supple initially, while still having plenty of support on drops to flats.

I've never ridden a stock 2.1, but a tuned one was an immediately noticeable improvement over the charger 3.

That's what I hear too, from riders who have owned both, even some tuners. I just had to assume it's down to personal preference as all of the big reviews out there say the opposite - the new suspension is a significant improvement. So I felt I needed more opinions on this as was just getting confused. And there's an amazing bike I can have literally tomorrow, with the 2022 Zeb/Super Deluxe Ultimate, but I have been resisting, because was waiting for another company to have the stock to build my new bike with the 2023 Zeb and the new Rockshox shock.

Thank you for your reply, it was helpful

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 7:21 Quote
I’m running a 2.1 Zeb 170 with Fox 5wt oil and the damper is much smoother. I can actually run the air pressure I need to get proper support but then also use appropriate travel and no issues with using all the travel when I should be. No more of that ridiculous ramp up at 3/4 travel. I didn’t try this until after the warranty was expired LOL

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007719
Mobile Version of Website