2015 Rock Shox Vivid/Kage 10.5"x3.5" 400lb Coil Spring

PB Forum :: YT Industries
2015 Rock Shox Vivid/Kage 10.5"x3.5" 400lb Coil Spring
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 10, 2023 at 21:46 Quote
Hey folks, forgive me if this is a repost. But I've got a 2015 TUES and it's got a 275lb coil spring on the shock, and I'm looking for a 400lb spring but can't find one in stock anywhere. I'm wondering if any of you might know of a good compatible brand spring that is an option. I've tried a fox coil and the inner diameter was too small. I appreciate your help.

Posted: Sep 12, 2023 at 8:04 Quote
Hi Just wondering if any luck with this? I have the exact same problem - didn't realize my Tues came stock with such a low spring rate. Maybe it's because they're targeting youth (YT)? This is the Achilles heal of this bike and super frustrating finding a replacement 400lb spiring, which is also what I need. Any help is appreciated but not a good look for YT.

Mod
Posted: Sep 12, 2023 at 8:35 Quote
check the buysell periodically, something may come up there. the vivid is an older shock and rockshox doesnt make 10.5x3.5 shocks anymore so it doesn't surprise me they stopped making them

Posted: Sep 12, 2023 at 11:44 Quote
Never...buying...from...YT...again. This is total BS. Obviously had I known I would end up with this total PITA situation I would not have bothered with these guys. Thinking of reporting them to BBB.

Posted: Oct 10, 2023 at 9:37 Quote
I'll buy your 275# spring
I just called DirtLabs and they have a 450# spring for sale 720-213-4742

transplantmtbproject wrote:
Hey folks, forgive me if this is a repost. But I've got a 2015 TUES and it's got a 275lb coil spring on the shock, and I'm looking for a 400lb spring but can't find one in stock anywhere. I'm wondering if any of you might know of a good compatible brand spring that is an option. I've tried a fox coil and the inner diameter was too small. I appreciate your help.

Posted: Nov 5, 2023 at 19:28 Quote
solerider123 wrote:
Hi Just wondering if any luck with this? I have the exact same problem - didn't realize my Tues came stock with such a low spring rate. Maybe it's because they're targeting youth (YT)? This is the Achilles heal of this bike and super frustrating finding a replacement 400lb spiring, which is also what I need. Any help is appreciated but not a good look for YT.

Just wondering what is your weight? The shock has a huge stroke, so the rates are low as you compress it more..
What is the target sag ?

I ordered 325lb from trade inn
https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/rockshox-spring-grey-vivid-kage-267-x-89-mm/137670107/p

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008569
Mobile Version of Website