New bike. Help me decide! ASR-c Vs Snioer XC

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
New bike. Help me decide! ASR-c Vs Snioer XC
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 16:57 Quote
Wanting to get back into riding. I'm done with jumps as I broke my scaphoid bone in my wrist two years ago and had surgery and still feel it. 45 y.o. and I don't like being broken. I'm keeping my tires on the ground. Used to ride a Yeti SB150. Interested in staying in shape, covering ground and just getting back out and seeing stuff. That being said, I'm looking at a 2020 Intense Sniper XC and a 2017 Yeti ASR-C. Both In XL, both with XX1 drive trains and XTR brakes, both with Fox Factory 32 forks, and carbon wheels, 240 hubs on the Yeti, I-9 on the Sniper, both similarly priced, weight, and good condition. I've never been on either, buying unseen and shipping. The Sniper is slacker and you can't go wrong with a Yeti in my opinion. I'm not super experienced, so more than willing to listen to suggestions. Intense or Yeti? And GO!

O+ FL
Posted: Aug 14, 2023 at 19:51 Quote
BobbyP wrote:
Wanting to get back into riding. I'm done with jumps as I broke my scaphoid bone in my wrist two years ago and had surgery and still feel it. 45 y.o. and I don't like being broken. I'm keeping my tires on the ground. Used to ride a Yeti SB150. Interested in staying in shape, covering ground and just getting back out and seeing stuff. That being said, I'm looking at a 2020 Intense Sniper XC and a 2017 Yeti ASR-C. Both In XL, both with XX1 drive trains and XTR brakes, both with Fox Factory 32 forks, and carbon wheels, 240 hubs on the Yeti, I-9 on the Sniper, both similarly priced, weight, and good condition. I've never been on either, buying unseen and shipping. The Sniper is slacker and you can't go wrong with a Yeti in my opinion. I'm not super experienced, so more than willing to listen to suggestions. Intense or Yeti? And GO!

Honestly I’d highly recommend you try out some bikes before buying. Try and either find a used deal locally or just go test ride some bikes from different brands and such at the bike shops locally. The parts spec is usually a secondary aspect as you can always swap something out if you prefer one over the other, but the frame is set. No one can tell you how one will be over the other as every one has a different style of riding and terrain.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008920
Mobile Version of Website