Powered by Outside

2022 Fox 38 Grip 2 sudden loss of air?

PB Forum :: Fox Racing Shox
2022 Fox 38 Grip 2 sudden loss of air?

Author Message
Posted: Aug 21, 2023 at 18:31 Quote
I was on a tail ride this weekend and ran into an issue with my Fox 38's I cant seem to find on any forums or info on. I had pumped my fork up to 120 PSI what's recommended for my weight and ran it on two separate trails before this happened. Right at the end of my Sunday ride my fork made a loud air releasing sound and blown the float side fork seal out of its home, it was like the sound of a high pressure tire popping. I assumed I blew an O-ring or something internal on the float but when I got home and attached the shock pump the float was still holding 50 PSI. For science I went ahead and pumped it back up to 120PSI and its holding with no leaking sounds coming from the float... Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is there something I am doing wrong? Any advice or similar experiences would be helpful, I just cant decide if I should do a full fork overhaul or if its something I might have done.

O+
Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 6:22 Quote
Anyone have just the damper top cap assembly for the grip 2?

Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 6:38 Quote
jarrod801 wrote:
Anyone have just the damper top cap assembly for the grip 2?
I answered your other post.

Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 12:20 Quote
If you have bleeders on the fork- at your 120 psi- cycle it to fill the negative chamber with the pump still attached. Then hit the bleeder and see if air comes out- cycle again and check pressure. If it drops you have a seal leak on the air spring- usually a service will fix that.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007789
Mobile Version of Website