Marin Rift Zone 2 or Another?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Marin Rift Zone 2 or Another?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 18:49 Quote
So Im currently in the market for a new bike. I currently ride a '21 Kona Mahuna. Nothing wrong with it. Buying kids bikes and this bike is going to one of the kids or the wife.

Im looking at spending 2-3K CAD. Ive been looking at the Marin Rift Zone 2,priced at $2299.99 at a local shop. My question is, should I be looking at Trek, Cannondale, Specialized or Kona(the brands my two local shops sell) at my price range for a full suspension or is this my best bet?

I ride mostly single track lots of up and downs, more technical not many jumps.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Aug 30, 2023 at 19:35 Quote
I had an idea to buy a Rift zone 2, transfer all the parts onto an xc frame for wifey and then build it up kind of like the XR, but a little lighter. Interested to see what people say on this thread too.

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 6:18 Quote
frostpirate wrote:
So Im currently in the market for a new bike. I currently ride a '21 Kona Mahuna. Nothing wrong with it. Buying kids bikes and this bike is going to one of the kids or the wife.

Im looking at spending 2-3K CAD. Ive been looking at the Marin Rift Zone 2,priced at $2299.99 at a local shop. My question is, should I be looking at Trek, Cannondale, Specialized or Kona(the brands my two local shops sell) at my price range for a full suspension or is this my best bet?

Thanks in advance.

Nothing wrong with the Marin.
I'd skip the Cannondale outright - typically too expensive, not a great value. Trek and Kona are fine. Trek typically on the pricier side, I bought a Trek in 1993 and I still ride it so...good option to me if you wanted to look past the Marin.

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 6:24 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
frostpirate wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Nothing wrong with the Marin.
I'd skip the Cannondale outright - typically too expensive, not a great value. Trek and Kona are fine. Trek typically on the pricier side, I bought a Trek in 1993 and I still ride it so...good option to me if you wanted to look past the Marin.

Totally agree on the Cannondale. I have no issue's looking at other brands, its why I made this post. Thoughts on Norco?

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 6:55 Quote
I own a 22 Marin Rift Zone 27.5 V2 heavily moded (lol) and it's been rock solid. They have updated for 23 (specs changed, geo) but I'd pass on Cannondale, and check out Trek or Specialized if you dont get the Marin.

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 7:05 Quote
fstws36 wrote:
I own a 22 Marin Rift Zone 27.5 V2 heavily moded (lol) and it's been rock solid. They have updated for 23 (specs changed, geo) but I'd pass on Cannondale, and check out Trek or Specialized if you dont get the Marin.

Ya Im looking at Trek and Specialized locally but both in stock options are 3500CAD before tax and if im gonna stretch my budget Ill grab the Orbea OIZ H30 for that.

*Edit* Hows the climbing feel on the Rift zone?

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 12:44 Quote
frostpirate wrote:
fstws36 wrote:

Ya Im looking at Trek and Specialized locally but both in stock options are 3500CAD before tax and if im gonna stretch my budget Ill grab the Orbea OIZ H30 for that.

*Edit* Hows the climbing feel on the Rift zone?

Climbs well since i have a Medium frame. I also changed to a Rockshock super deluxe ultimate over rockshock ultimate it came with, better performance that I've noticed.

Posted: Aug 31, 2023 at 13:08 Quote
Ya I was wondering how it climbs cause I'm coming from a hardtail and a different brand.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010660
Mobile Version of Website