What is my next bike going to be?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What is my next bike going to be?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 3, 2023 at 8:50 Quote
I love my Evil Following MB (2019) large. But it is getting tired and I am wondering if there is another bike I should be looking at for my next one? Im an old guy that wants to climb as good as I go down. My evil has given me a lot of confidence on medium drops and jumps. What should i be looking for? 5'9" 185lbs.

Posted: Sep 7, 2023 at 17:30 Quote
Considering your desire for climbing and descending, look at the Yeti SB115, Ibis Ripley, or Santa Cruz Tallboy. These 29" trail bikes offer balanced performance, confidence on descents, and efficient climbing, making them great options to explore for your next bike.

FL
Posted: Sep 8, 2023 at 21:47 Quote
I would add RM Element to the list off bikes. I own a C50 build myself.
It's honestly more of a "downcountry" or light trailbike than a XC bike.
Mine has had an airshaft swap to 140 mm travel.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2023 at 19:09 Quote
New Evil Following with a 140 fork. Or Tallboy, or Canyon Spectral 125. I have the Following. Had the 2019 version before it. The Tallboy can get a cascade linkage and go to about 130.

I’ve ridden all of these. I like my bike the best Wink

Posted: Sep 19, 2023 at 16:58 Quote
I recommend a banshee prime. Great do it all bike.

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 6:43 Quote
Transition Spur is another good option. Make sure you wrap it to keep the paint protected.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 17:56 Quote
somebody-else wrote:
Transition Spur is another good option. Make sure you wrap it to keep the paint protected.

Oh the Spur! Insanely great bike. I had one simultaneously with my 2019 Following. Spur was super fast and business-like about it compared to the goofy-fun machine that was that Evil. I chose the evil even though it was 3 pounds heavier because of the fun factor. But really could be happy with the spur.

Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 20:56 Quote
I'm in the same boat. I think the Canyon Neuron is gonna fit the bill for me. Great climber, good on the downs, kind of a good all arounder, which is exactly what I'm looking for,

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010792
Mobile Version of Website