Powered by Outside

Ebike Friendly States and Cities?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Ebike Friendly States and Cities?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 0:36 Quote
With so many municipalities restricting ebikes, it's hard to enjoy riding the same trails as everyone else. I recently looked up Washington State and Orange Country California only to find these places restrict to only motorized roads. That's not mountain biking anymore!!! No single track ? Dang.

Anyone out there with recommendations on where we can legally enjoy out ebikes?

Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 7:08 Quote
If you're riding a Class 1 e-bike then unofficially you can ride just about anywhere bikes are allowed and you won't be bothered by anybody.
Last I checked no e-bikes were allowed (yet) on USFS bike/hike trails, but I know that there are plenty of folks using them, albeit illegally, and I haven't read about them being ticketed. I believe the USFS is so severely under staffed and under funded they have to prioritize their efforts on bigger problems like wildfire management and such.

If you want a clearly designated "E-bikes Welcome" trails then they are hard to find because not many trail managers are actively posting this sort of thing. You can conduct an e-bike trails search through Trail Forks, but even there the updated edits are spotty.

If you happen to be in southern California there are bike parks that welcome e-bikes such as SkyPark, Snow Valley, Snow Summit, and Vailocity. The trails at Teds and Greer are e-bike friendly. If you watch YouTube there's Tommy who posts videos of himself and his buddies riding e-bikes all over the place.

Hope that helps.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007074
Mobile Version of Website