Guys, check this out for me. Is this a scam?

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Guys, check this out for me. Is this a scam?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 17:28 Quote
Guys, help me see if this is a fraud, I asked the seller for a paypal account, but the seller is not willing to! The seller gave me a paypal QR code and asked me to scan the code for payment, because the previous payments were guaranteed transactions through the paypal account, I am very confused now, he now thinks I am a fraud, I really like his bike, if I pay through the account, I can choose guaranteed transactions, I don't know whether the QR code can guarantee transactions?

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 19:51 Quote
mrrnb2 wrote:
Guys, help me see if this is a fraud, I asked the seller for a paypal account, but the seller is not willing to! The seller gave me a paypal QR code and asked me to scan the code for payment, because the previous payments were guaranteed transactions through the paypal account, I am very confused now, he now thinks I am a fraud, I really like his bike, if I pay through the account, I can choose guaranteed transactions, I don't know whether the QR code can guarantee transactions?

Seems sketchy. If he's trying to do an actual business deal and get his money, he'll just send you his PP account. Literally everyone here on PB does that. That QR code could open any number of things on your phone. As long as you send the money as for business, you should be able to repeal it if you get scammed thorough PP. That 'guarantee' line is BS

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 20:44 Quote
NyquilCyclist wrote:
mrrnb2 wrote:

Seems sketchy. If he's trying to do an actual business deal and get his money, he'll just send you his PP account. Literally everyone here on PB does that. That QR code could open any number of things on your phone. As long as you send the money as for business, you should be able to repeal it if you get scammed thorough PP. That 'guarantee' line is BS

OK,thanks,In my previous transactions, the seller sent me the account number and then paid, but this time, the seller asked me to scan the QR code and pay, which I am definitely not willing to do!

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 20:51 Quote
And asked him to send the details of the bike photos are all blurred, it feels like downloading photos online! And he don't send videos of real cars!

Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 20:56 Quote
https://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/3678603/

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 4:30 Quote
Fresh member, selling a 5k$ bike, wanting sketchy way of payment. What could possibly go wrong? Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 12:38 Quote
kona-n wrote:
Fresh member, selling a 5k$ bike, wanting sketchy way of payment. What could possibly go wrong? Rolleyes

The Wrong-O-Meter is reading over 9000

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 12:40 Quote
mrrnb2 wrote:
And asked him to send the details of the bike photos are all blurred, it feels like downloading photos online! And he don't send videos of real cars!

Yeah, they use low quality photos cause they steal them from other places, and to avoid Image search finding the original.
Scam or is extremely sketchy and bad at communication. If he makes anymore strange moves, just disregard him and contact the pinned scammer forum. Even the gravel bike that he claims to have sold might just be to make his accuont look legit.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012826
Mobile Version of Website