Outside fingers poor strength

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Outside fingers poor strength
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Sep 25, 2023 at 18:10 Quote
Hello,

Currently recovering from a rather hefty crash in July so 9 weeks today. On my left side I broke collar bone, shoulder blade and three ribs and on my right hand ruptured my thumb UCL which I had surgery for and my two outside fingers have an as of yet unknown injury.

My fingers are actually my biggest concern for riding again, everything else is making progress. Soft tissues are present as they should be and no broken bones there. My hand therapists guess was a tendon between the two fingers. Basically it can be painful wrapping round things like a handlebar or when catching it and stretching the knuckle area. Been told to carry on taping up my fingers and use them with pain as a reference but not much else beyond that.

Anyone got any tips for riding with this kinda thing or any ideas for strapping up for riding? When I tape my knuckles up it immediately feels better and I can grip the bar but I’m concerned it may undo itself shortly into riding so curious if anyone has anything they’ve used they’d recommend?

Things I’m considering:
-Counterpunch pinkie protecter so as not to damage further and potentially easier to grip the bar with.
-Modifying some gloves somehow to make them a sort of splint
-Finding some alternative long lasting waterproof finger tape
-Alternative funky shaped grips?

Any help much appreciated

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008859
Mobile Version of Website