Powered by Outside

help with suspension settings please

PB Forum :: Downhill
help with suspension settings please
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 15:29 Quote
recently got a new bike and it came with a 2011 boxxer on it, i figured i would try adjusting the settings to further fit my preference (futile mistake ik) and now im completely and utterly lost. can anyone recommend decent baseline settings for general “downhill” conditions or what yall are running on your (similar) forks and how it works for you. ik what lsc and hsc is and all of that just not- what it should be or what setup would be best for what.. sorry for all the yap, im obviously not a pro by any means, thanks in advance!

FL
Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 23:50 Quote
Rebound is most important, with spring rate. Make sure fork is in good running shape.
Lsc, hsc arent as crucial.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 6:21 Quote
brooklynmachineworks wrote:
recently got a new bike and it came with a 2011 boxxer on it, i figured i would try adjusting the settings to further fit my preference (futile mistake ik) and now im completely and utterly lost. can anyone recommend decent baseline settings for general “downhill” conditions or what yall are running on your (similar) forks and how it works for you. ik what lsc and hsc is and all of that just not- what it should be or what setup would be best for what.. sorry for all the yap, im obviously not a pro by any means, thanks in advance!

Use the Setup Guide to get started and go from there.

Hope this helps.

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 9:25 Quote
Look at any of the Fox bracketing videos, there’s 3 or 4 of them and they go into detail about how to setup your suspension on your own.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 9:33 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
Look at any of the Fox bracketing videos, there’s 3 or 4 of them and they go into detail about how to setup your suspension on your own.

He doesn't have a Fox fork, but it might help.

FL
Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 11:29 Quote
BenLow2019 wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

I’m missing how bracketing wouldn’t be the same process on every suspension brand.

Posted: Feb 27, 2024 at 11:52 Quote
TheSlayer99 wrote:
BenLow2019 wrote:
TheSlayer99 wrote:

I’m missing how bracketing wouldn’t be the same process on every suspension brand.
You didn't miss anything - I did. I saw Fox and didn't digest the rest. All good.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006038
Mobile Version of Website