Bikes not selling?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bikes not selling?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 23:01 Quote
Seems like bikes are deeply discounted everywhere. Anybody else having trouble selling bikes? Is the mad Covid bike fad over? Just curious everyone else’s thoughts

FL
Posted: Mar 16, 2024 at 1:25 Quote
pirate-shred1 wrote:
Seems like bikes are deeply discounted everywhere. Anybody else having trouble selling bikes? Is the mad Covid bike fad over? Just curious everyone else’s thoughts

The second hand market is terrible right now since you can buy a brand new bike that will have manufacturer's warranty for the same or not much more than second hand.

Posted: Mar 16, 2024 at 11:40 Quote
JonnyNorthmore wrote:
pirate-shred1 wrote:

The second hand market is terrible right now since you can buy a brand new bike that will have manufacturer's warranty for the same or not much more than second hand.

I just did that! I wanted to buy used but a brand new bike with warranty, dealer support, no fear or being scammed and not a scratch on it was cheaper than anything I could find used. Apparently they are plenty of new-old bikes in warehouses that have to be absorbed before we get back to the status quo.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2024 at 5:00 Quote
A lot of people bought bikes during the hype at list or over list, realized they aren't interested in riding and now expect to get their money back.

At the same time, manufacturers massively ramped up production, people quit buying, and the ended up with too much inventory.

Thus, new bikes are being clearanced while sellers of used bikes are out of touch.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007152
Mobile Version of Website