Powered by Outside

How will 140mm fork affect my ride vs 130mm stock?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
How will 140mm fork affect my ride vs 130mm stock?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 9:55 Quote
I have a 2023 Santa Cruz 5010 size large. I'm 6' tall.

The bike came stock 130mm front and back. Both Rock Shox Pike Ultimate.

I have another 140mm Pike ultimate and I'm considering putting that on my bike to make it a little more capable.

How will this affect the fit or geometry or ride? Are there any downsides to doing this?

Separate but related question: The adjustable flip chip is currently set to low. How does this affect the system or interact with the above question? For example, if I change from 130mm to 140mm in the front fork, but flipped the chip from low to high, would that help counteract any negatives?

Posted: Mar 25, 2024 at 15:59 Quote
We are pretty confident one of our customers already did this with sucess. We did flip the chip to hi mode though. Found it handled better with 25% sag than 20 also and 30% sag rear.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2024 at 23:53 Quote
10mm is a fairly minor change and will likely work well. Having an extra 10mm is going to slacken the head angle & seat tube angle and also raise the BB a small amount. Yes you could try and counteract the differences by changing the flip chip. If you have the fork available, swap it out and test it. Go by feel as opposed to getting too into the weeds with numbers etc.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006346
Mobile Version of Website