Powered by Outside

Trailforks not supported by Garmin Forerunner 965?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Trailforks not supported by Garmin Forerunner 965?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 13, 2024 at 5:50 Quote
Thank you BenLow2019 for your input. I do try Garmin iq store to find Trailforks, but did not find it there.
I probably will go with an 840 edge instead for the reasons you’ve mentioned. Thanks!

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 7:46 Quote
I am not an Admin so I don't know all the specifics, but I have a Garmin Fenix 5 and it supports Trailforks.

I had to go to the Garmin Connect desktop site and log in, then open Garmin IQ and download the Trailforks app. Then I had to sync the watch to the Garmin Connect app on my phone and the Trailforks features were transmitted and available in the watch. To find it on the watch I had to dig into the menus to locate the available widgets and enable it. After that I could open it from the watch.

That said, I don't think it's great on the watch. The map is much too small for ease of use while riding so I have to stop and look closely. Since I've stopped it's just as easy to pull out my phone to see where I'm at on the trails using Trailfork app on the phone. Also - I've tried loading a route and using the Trailforks features on the Garmin - I was not impressed. Firstly, Trailforks and Garmin Connect use different words for the same thing: Route (TF) vs Course (GC). Deciphering their languages to make sure I was working with the same family of data was dumb. Second, the turn-by-turn alerts from TF on my watch were being triggered on every corner of the trail - not at every intersection - on every turn. So, because the trail was winding along the side of a ridge among the trees and boulders, I was getting alerts all the time and it was super annoying.

Trailforks on a bike computer like the newer Garmin Edge types that have a bright, colored, decent sized screen is probably a much better experience.

Posted: May 13, 2024 at 10:08 Quote
Hugolerner wrote:
Thank you BenLow2019 for your input. I do try Garmin iq store to find Trailforks, but did not find it there.
I probably will go with an 840 edge instead for the reasons you’ve mentioned. Thanks!

It's definitely there: https://apps.garmin.com/apps/26b07fba-ae21-43c9-a88d-6c75e17fc567

And here's the list of compatible devices: https://apps.garmin.com/apps/26b07fba-ae21-43c9-a88d-6c75e17fc567?tid=1

I believe the watch you mentioned is on the list. I can't be 100% sure because you edited the original post so it's not there anymore.

Good luck!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006954
Mobile Version of Website