I created a new account on pinkbike to hopefully sell my wifes Gravel bike. First it took 2 days to get it approved. Then I go to create the ad and it stated "^You cannot post content on your first day of creating an account. Please wait until tomorrow. (Days=something)". I think it stated something like Days=-1. So I waited until the next day 24 hours later. Got the same message but I think it said Days=0. Today I tried again and get the same message with Days=1.
So I have wait now 2 days for something that says try tomorrow. Do I just give up now??
I created a new account on pinkbike to hopefully sell my wifes Gravel bike. First it took 2 days to get it approved. Then I go to create the ad and it stated "^You cannot post content on your first day of creating an account. Please wait until tomorrow. (Days=something)". I think it stated something like Days=-1. So I waited until the next day 24 hours later. Got the same message but I think it said Days=0. Today I tried again and get the same message with Days=1.
So I have wait now 2 days for something that says try tomorrow. Do I just give up now??
Yep. Same. I created my account more than 24 hours ago. It's still telling me the same thing. WTF?? There's a piece of timer code broken somewhere. Were any of you eventually able to post a new ad??? Is anybody from Pinkbike aware of this issue??
Edit to add: In case it's relevant to the problem, I didn't create a new Pinkbike account "from scratch". I was able to (in fact was forced to) log in using my Outside account (that I didn't even know I had) because I've had a GaiaGPS account for a million years, and apparently now Pinkbike and Gaia and dozens of other outdoor oriented outfits are part of the "Outside network" or somesuch, all with a common account login backbone. So... Is this similar for any of y'all who've experienced this same issue? If so, perhaps the issue is a hangup that's specific to existing Outside account holders who first start using Pinkbike??
Edit to add: Tried initially on Chrome browser under ChromeOS. After the day (>24-hours) elapsed and I was still seeing the same issue, I cleared all site data associated with pinkbike.com but the issue persisted. So I tried on a completely different machine, Win11 this time, tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers on this machine. Same result in all cases.
Behavior has changed somewhat as of today, now 2 days after I first logged into Pinkbike using my Outside account credentials. Now when I click the "Save" or "Upload New Photos" buttons after filling out a BuySell new add form, I still get the same "**There are ERRORS on this form. Detail in each field." message at the top of the page, but now the error at the bottom (below the "Descriptioin" filed) is different. It now says "^Please verify the email on your account, you possibly recently changed it?" and it gives me a hyperlink to "resend verify email". This is odd, because I had already verified my email address when I initially logged in 2 days ago, and certainly haven't changed it since. I went into my account page and it shows my correct email address, and gives me the option to change it, but doesn't indicate that it's unverified. I found the original email from Pinkbike for verifying my email address and clicked the link again and logged in from the page it brought me to. Tried again to submit an ad and got the same error.
Edit to add: Also tried clicking the "resend verify email" link. That was a few hours ago. I haven't received another verify email. Checked SPAM and promotions buckets and everything; nothing from pinkbike.
Hey Folks, we have identified a fix we'll be pushing through that was causing longer-than-expected delays for verification to posting. Give us a few days and we can update you all on the progress of pushing the fix to production.
Hey Folks, we have identified a fix we'll be pushing through that was causing longer-than-expected delays for verification to posting. Give us a few days and we can update you all on the progress of pushing the fix to production.
Hi DLehman. Question: Did you fix the issue? If so, how many days (or hours) it is expected to wait for cleareance? I had the same error after almost 24 hours. Just to know.
"^You cannot post content on your first day of creating an account. Please wait until tomorrow. (Days=0)"