Powered by Outside

Dirt jump/park tyres for 27.5” wheels?

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
Dirt jump/park tyres for 27.5” wheels?

Author Message
Posted: Aug 11, 2024 at 2:42 Quote
Hi does anyone know of a tyre like the Maxxis DTH dirt jump tyre, but in 27.5” size? I’m building a single speed dj bike from an old Commencal meta ht am origin frame which has 27.5” wheels.
I think the specialised kicker sport may be a bit narrow for me, the Maxxis ikon tyres a bit too grippy, and the Maxxis hookworm a bit too slick.

Posted: Jul 9, 2025 at 8:13 Quote
Hey man — cool project! Building up a DJ bike from a Meta HT sounds like a sick setup. I’ve also looked for a 27.5” tire similar to the DTH and totally get what you mean — feels like there’s no perfect in-between.

I haven’t found a true match yet either, but curious to hear what others suggest. Have you looked at something like the Schwalbe Billy Bonkers? Might be a decent middle ground — not too slick, not too grippy.


 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007942
Mobile Version of Website