Powered by Outside

2025 Roscoe 7 sizing

PB Forum :: Trek
2025 Roscoe 7 sizing

Author Message
Posted: Feb 22, 2025 at 18:21 Quote
Hello, I'm interested in a Roscoe 7 and I don't have any dealers near me so I need some help with sizing as I have to make the purchase online. I'm 5'7" tall id like to think I'm at least 5'8 but my wife says different and about 185lbs if that matters. Should I order a size M or M/L? This be my first real mountain bike at the age of 38.

Thank you for your time

O+
Posted: Feb 23, 2025 at 7:43 Quote
I just picked up a Roscoe 7 size small for my son. He’s 4’ 11’ and could stand over the frame with flat feet no problem. He can also easily touch the ground with both feet with the dropper slammed. Given that you are 8” (or 9” ) taller than him, I would think that a medium would be on the small side for you. The Trek website has sizing recommendations that seemed pretty true to form (for my son at least). Trek has some amazing deals on those Roscoe’s right now.

Posted: Mar 26, 2026 at 19:57 Quote
RyanAsL5Yr wrote:
I just picked up a Roscoe 7 size small for my son. He’s 4’ 11’ and could stand over the frame with flat feet no problem. He can also easily touch the ground with both feet with the dropper slammed. Given that you are 8” (or 9” ) taller than him, I would think that a medium would be on the small side for you. The Trek website has sizing recommendations that seemed pretty true to form (for my son at least). Trek has some amazing deals on those Roscoe’s right now.

Your son has a x small or small at 4’11?

Posted: Mar 27, 2026 at 22:49 Quote
Go Medium
You’re right between sizes, but for a first mountain bike it’ll feel more comfortable and easier to handle. The M/L might feel a bit big and stretched.
If you were more experienced, maybe M/L—but starting out, Medium is the safe be

Posted: Mar 28, 2026 at 12:32 Quote
At your height you’re kinda right on the edge, but here’s the real talk:

Trek puts M around 5'5–5'8
M/L starts ~5'8–5'11

Since you’re basically 5’7–5’8, I’d go Medium.

Roscoe already rides a bit long and stable, so M/L might feel kinda big, especially as your first proper MTB.

Posted: Mar 29, 2026 at 15:25 Quote
RyanAsL5Yr wrote:
I just picked up a Roscoe 7 size small for my son. He’s 4’ 11’ and could stand over the frame with flat feet no problem. He can also easily touch the ground with both feet with the dropper slammed. Given that you are 8” (or 9” ) taller than him, I would think that a medium would be on the small side for you. The Trek website has sizing recommendations that seemed pretty true to form (for my son at least). Trek has some amazing deals on those Roscoe’s right now.


Yeah that logic is kinda off tbh.
Sizing doesn’t scale like that, just because a 4’11 kid fits a Small doesn’t mean you should jump straight to bigger sizes. Trek’s chart puts ~5’7, 5’8 right in Medium anyway.
If anything, most people that height are debating M vs M/L

Posted: Mar 29, 2026 at 21:37 Quote
Honestly, I’d go Medium.l
At your height you’re right between sizes, but since it’s your first real mountain bike, the Medium will just feel easier to control and more comfortable. The M/L is a bit longer and can feel like more bike than you need starting out
You’ll have more fun and confidence on the Medium, especially while you’re still getting used to riding trails

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2026 at 5:53 Quote
laurenthuot wrote:
RyanAsL5Yr wrote:
I just picked up a Roscoe 7 size small for my son. He’s 4’ 11’ and could stand over the frame with flat feet no problem. He can also easily touch the ground with both feet with the dropper slammed. Given that you are 8” (or 9” ) taller than him, I would think that a medium would be on the small side for you. The Trek website has sizing recommendations that seemed pretty true to form (for my son at least). Trek has some amazing deals on those Roscoe’s right now.

Your son has a x small or small at 4’11?

He is on a small.

Posted: Apr 8, 2026 at 18:52 Quote
RyanAsL5Yr wrote:
laurenthuot wrote:
RyanAsL5Yr wrote:
I just picked up a Roscoe 7 size small for my son. He’s 4’ 11’ and could stand over the frame with flat feet no problem. He can also easily touch the ground with both feet with the dropper slammed. Given that you are 8” (or 9” ) taller than him, I would think that a medium would be on the small side for you. The Trek website has sizing recommendations that seemed pretty true to form (for my son at least). Trek has some amazing deals on those Roscoe’s right now.

Your son has a x small or small at 4’11?

He is on a small.

He should have long legs. I’m 5’3 29.5in inseam and my seat is below my bar height

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006434
Mobile Version of Website