Powered by Outside

Buy/Sell Ad not showing up in "Near me" search results

PB Forum :: Bug Reports
Buy/Sell Ad not showing up in "Near me" search results

If you are looking for support please visit the Trailforks Help Center or the Pinkbike Help Center.
Trailforks/Pinkbike staff does occasionally check these forums, but this is mainly for other users to help each other.
Author Message
O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2025 at 11:49 Quote
Yesterday, I posted a buy/sell ad for my Pivot Switchblade. When I go and search for the ad (using an incognito window), the ad doesn't show up. I seem to have narrowed down the issue to something with the "near me" search function.

If I specify the search location as Canada -> Alberta -> Calgary, my ad, and another Pivot Switchblade for sale in Calgary shows up. However, if I switch the search location to "near me", the site correctly identifies my location as being in Calgary (51.131, -114.189) with a search radius of 100km. However now, both of these ads for Pivot Switchblades dissapear.

I've even tried boosting my ad, but it made no difference. Any thoughts?

Searching with the location specified :
photo
Searching with the "near me" function:
photo

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2025 at 13:33 Quote
jarabek wrote:
Yesterday, I posted a buy/sell ad for my Pivot Switchblade. When I go and search for the ad (using an incognito window), the ad doesn't show up. I seem to have narrowed down the issue to something with the "near me" search function.

Thank you for pointing out this issue. I have found the cause and I will be working on a solution.

In the meantime, there is a work around if your listing is not showing up in "near me" searches:
* Edit your user profile and hit save. No need to change anything, just save it.
* Edit the listing. Again no need to change anything, just save it.

@jarabek, for now I have done these steps for you and your listing is now showing up as expected.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 11, 2025 at 5:39 Quote
This issue is fixed now.

Posted: Apr 15, 2025 at 6:56 Quote
I think any ads created before the the fix still experience this as I just checked on my ad and found the same issue. The workaround provided fixed it perfectly though. Thank you for posting a solution

O+
Posted: Apr 16, 2025 at 10:53 Quote
outsiderVT wrote:
This issue is fixed now.

Thanks very much, I can confirm that the issue is fixed for me as well. I appreciate you taking the time to look into this.

Mod O+ FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2025 at 14:06 Quote
tjward2 wrote:
I think any ads created before the the fix still experience this as I just checked on my ad and found the same issue. The workaround provided fixed it perfectly though. Thank you for posting a solution

When I added the fix I also fixed existing listings where possible. There were some exceptions where we did not have any geo location data to work with. The workaround sets the geo location data so the listing can use it.

I am glad to hear the workaround fixed it for you.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011399
Mobile Version of Website