Powered by Outside

27.5 Trek Roscoe 6 2019 Fork size dilemma

PB Forum :: 27.5/650b
27.5 Trek Roscoe 6 2019 Fork size dilemma

Author Message
Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 3:33 Quote
Hi everyone!

I recently got Trek Roscoe 6 2019 and I wanted to upgrade the fork. Naturally I bought a 27.5 Marzocchi Bomber Z2 120 mm 44 mm offset. The internet says I need to get a 29" fork due to 27.5x2.8 tyres but when I contacted two different Trek agents they said 27.5" fork works but the frame also accepts 29" fork. So I am super confused right now and dont know what to do.

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 4:32 Quote
Are you planing to run it on plus tires?

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 5:16 Quote
LuckyLoser wrote:
Are you planing to run it on plus tires?

Not really since they are hard to find and quite a bit expensive. I am planning to run 2.6 on front atleast back 2.4 or 2.6

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 5:30 Quote
Many 27.5 forks have enough clearance to fit 2.6 tires.
The fork you mentioned - 27.5 Marzocchi Bomber Z2 120 mm 44 mm offset, have 2.6 max clearance stated in BikeComp.
I doubt that you will be able to fit a mud guard (especially when the fork is not 27.5+).

Also you have to add the specific tyre in the equasion. When it all comes together and you're "fighting" for every millimeter, the type of the tire with its shape and knobs should be taken in mind.

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 6:15 Quote
So, logically its better to get 29" I suppose ? If I go down that route there is a good priced Fox 34 29" only problem is 130 mm which is 10 mm longer than the original fork. I am not sure if thats a good idea

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 7:32 Quote
puschni wrote:
So, logically its better to get 29" I suppose ? If I go down that route there is a good priced Fox 34 29" only problem is 130 mm which is 10 mm longer than the original fork. I am not sure if thats a good idea

Although I measured the axle to crown distance on old fork which is around 535-540 mmand the 29" Fox has 537 mm so it might be okay ?

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 11:11 Quote
If the “Trek agents” say your Roscoe 6 will accept a 27.5″ fork, you’re good to go.

That confusion comes from many people using 29″-compatible forks to fit wide 2.8″ tyres. If the Z2 is 27.5″ spec and clears your 2.8″ tyres, no need to upgrade to a 29″ fork.

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 11:29 Quote
Fairly sure that the CSU is made for both wheel sizes so it should work.

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 13:03 Quote
rootlineflow wrote:
If the “Trek agents” say your Roscoe 6 will accept a 27.5″ fork, you’re good to go.

That confusion comes from many people using 29″-compatible forks to fit wide 2.8″ tyres. If the Z2 is 27.5″ spec and clears your 2.8″ tyres, no need to upgrade to a 29″ fork.

Well thats also bit funny because I talked to multiple people and one of them said 29er is the appropriate fork. Im now confused even more.. But the fork I am fitting can only fit up to 2.6 which what I want anyway.

Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 13:08 Quote
SPSuspension wrote:
Fairly sure that the CSU is made for both wheel sizes so it should work.

Thank you for your input. What do you think about the axle to crown lenght it will be shortened by 20-25 mm.

O+
Posted: Dec 10, 2025 at 20:54 Quote
If the manufacturer says a 27.5" fork works, then go for it. The chatter about needing a 29" fork is mostly for people trying to shove 29" wheels under big-tire bikes. If your tyres are 27.5×2.8 and the fork clears them, you’re all good.

Posted: Dec 11, 2025 at 5:43 Quote
senditsoul wrote:
If the manufacturer says a 27.5" fork works, then go for it. The chatter about needing a 29" fork is mostly for people trying to shove 29" wheels under big-tire bikes. If your tyres are 27.5×2.8 and the fork clears them, you’re all good.

I see. 2.8 dont clear the Marzochhi but I am not planning on running them anyway. I will probably settle on 2.6.

O+
Posted: Dec 11, 2025 at 9:36 Quote
A 27.5" Z2 will work fine on your Roscoe 6 with 27.5×2.8 tires.
A 29" fork also fits, but you don’t need it unless you plan to switch to 29" wheels later.

So you’re good to run the fork you already bought.

Posted: Dec 11, 2025 at 13:08 Quote
Drmtb9 wrote:
A 27.5" Z2 will work fine on your Roscoe 6 with 27.5×2.8 tires.
A 29" fork also fits, but you don’t need it unless you plan to switch to 29" wheels later.

So you’re good to run the fork you already bought.

Marzocchi manual says max tire size is 2.6 the 29" version of it supports it though.

  • Previous Page
  • Next Page

 


Copyright © 2000 - 2026. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006732
Mobile Version of Website