Giant vs. Norco

PB Forum :: Beginners
Giant vs. Norco
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:45 Quote
i have been loooking at the 2007 Giant stp1 or the 2008 Norco Bigfoot, which is a better bike for dirtjumping and light freeriding?

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:48 Quote
the giant i would think

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:49 Quote
teh giant is accualy a dj bike were s the big foot is a fully in the middle of an identity crisis.

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:50 Quote
go for the giant id say

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:55 Quote
giant for sure, anything that isn't top of the line norco is garbage

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
can the giant handle more than just dirt jumps though like drops, light freeride and downhill or is it purely a dirtjump bike?
if it helps i am about 5,7 and weigh 145lbs

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
well i'd say the bigfoot would be alot better for bigger drops and things like DH because of the bigger fork and stronger larger, beefier frame

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 20:29 Quote
Different bikes entirely!The bigfoot is actually rated as a shore hardtail meaning it can be riden on the mountain but on easy stuff. Keep in mind that the STP (a dirtjumper) is extremely light and would be useless on any trail with drops or lots of rocks/roots.

Posted: Oct 8, 2007 at 21:42 Quote
The Giant STP1 can handle any terrain fine. Here in Newfoundland we've got especially rocky and rooty terrain, and I rode my STP on DH for a year, and my friend rode his for 2 and won his race category both years.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 12:16 Quote
If you are going to do quite a bit of downhill and not just do it occasionally, I would go with the bigfoot. This is because it is a shore hardtail, which means it is for trails and downhill. However, if you are really only going to do downhill on ocasion, the STP should hold up, and works great for DJs and Urban. It really depends on how much freeride/downhill you will be doing.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 6:43 Quote
EASY CHOICE. The Giant STP FOR SURE. you cant go wrong, i rember in a DH magizine the guy was talking about DH on Hard tails, and the guy was riding an STP. and Who ever said the the STP couldnt ride trails, then why is it called a "street TRAILS park" bike?? i ride my stp at the skate park, dirt jumps, xc, and downhill.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 6:57 Quote
no contest giant is way better

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 6:58 Quote
the giant stp is a really nice bike.

but

it isn't that great on the rough stuff. i took mine down the golspie black run (7km rocky downhill) and it wasn't that great. i've used it on some freeride stuff and it was ok.

don't know much about the norco, only ever ridden their full sus bikes, but i liked it.

it's you who has to decide which you want though. try demo'ing each of them

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009443
Mobile Version of Website