Fox 40 versus 888

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Fox 40 versus 888
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 6:56 Quote
hello
i got some question on these fork. First, is it true thaht fox40 rc2 need lots of atention and that we must spend lot of money to keep it in nice condition. Second, can we use the fox 40 in freeride like we can use a 888. and finaly, for a guys who made more dh than freeride, wich fork is better??

Sorry if i make some mistake, french is my first language,
Thanks, Fred

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 7:06 Quote
fredou wrote:
hello
i got some question on these fork. First, is it true thaht fox40 rc2 need lots of atention and that we must spend lot of money to keep it in nice condition. Second, can we use the fox 40 in freeride like we can use a 888. and finaly, for a guys who made more dh than freeride, wich fork is better??

Sorry if i make some mistake, french is my first language,
Thanks, Fred
Yes the 40's do cost a litte bit more to keep running. Mainley seals and oil changes.

second, the 40 isn't as strong as the 888 and doesn't like freeride that much, but yes you can freeride on the fork. If Fox has fix the crown cracking problems from 05 to 07 then the fork will be a solid freeride fork this year.

Last, the 40 is a much better downhill ride/race fork. Its tracks much better then the 888 and its much smoother on the bumps and rock gardens then the 888.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007383
Mobile Version of Website