Powered by Outside

how to know if you have blown your fork

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
how to know if you have blown your fork
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:32 Quote
i was riding and all the air came out of my dj3 then i found that all the bolts where loose on the crown so i don't know what happend and i want to know if i need forks

PLEASE HELP

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
when oil blows in your face.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
codyloveskona wrote:
there air forks

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:38 Quote
air leakage, fork doesnt work

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:39 Quote
1324 wrote:
codyloveskona wrote:
there air forks
No they're not. That comment alone tells me to tell you to take it to your LBS. Whatever it is, you probably won't be able to fix it on your own. If you try, you'll probably end up screwing it over more and then you end up paying your LBS more to fix it.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
1324 wrote:
codyloveskona wrote:
there air forks
No they're not. That comment alone tells me to tell you to take it to your LBS. Whatever it is, you probably won't be able to fix it on your own. If you try, you'll probably end up screwing it over more and then you end up paying your LBS more to fix it.
thanks i just titened up the screws to get home

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 4:31 Quote
PedalUpBombDown wrote:
1324 wrote:
codyloveskona wrote:
there air forks

I believe they are air ASSISTED preload only. Not full air

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 4:51 Quote
check the silver cap's on top of your forks, if theres any sign of cracking there gone, if there loose , loosen the bolts tighten the caps al the way then tighten your bolts back up

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 4:53 Quote
1324 wrote:
codyloveskona wrote:
there air forks
if its an air sus than its suposed to be bottomed out then you know air is leaking

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 5:14 Quote
Your preload valve could just be broken or just not tight, happened to a friend of my he just pulls the valve opener up so no air is leaking out after adjusting.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 5:50 Quote
if its leaking oil, if its bottomed out from your own weight, if you can't adjust it. but i may be that the air valve is bad, or the caps are loose.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 6:00 Quote
Same thing happened to my Dirt Jam Pro, and my friends DJ 3, I think its normal with the low end Marzocchi dirt jump forks? I just tightened the bolts up and put the air back in it, I really cranked'er so hopefully it wont come loose again. Also if you have a turning knob for adjusting make sure its not pushed as far as it can go, because while you're riding it will turn the whole bolt instead of just the knob. I normally put it as rigid as it goes, then i back it up about a quarter of a turn, so its not locked up as far as it goes.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007368
Mobile Version of Website