how can i ride smooth help

PB Forum :: Downhill
how can i ride smooth help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
just last night i blew up a rear derailer and i have broke shfters bent axels chain slipes much more etc so help me ride more smooth give tips

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
Check other forums before posting. Look under tips.

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 11:47 Quote
you might consider riding road bikes on paved roads. . . . ?

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:00 Quote
Ride some XC. I think that will make you smootherSmile

O+
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:05 Quote
Here's an idea; get an old RIGID mountain bike, and pump up the tires - hard. Run 10 PSI above the tire's limit, and ride everywhere on that bike. Go off curbs and bunnyhop and all that, and it'll force you to be smooth. Ride it to school, to work, to the park, to your friend's house . . everywhere. Then you'll learn to be smooth.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
jsmith811 wrote:
just last night i blew up a rear derailer and i have broke shfters bent axels chain slipes much more etc so help me ride more smooth give tips

It's all experience and how well you can control your bike.

Being 12 and riding an Ironhorse Sunday, you will have a hard time taking full control of your bike because it is probably half your weight.

But the more you ride the smoother you will get.

Everyone must go through the stage that you are in now. But having such a big bike isn't helping your cause.

But it's not impossible, it will just be harder.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:06 Quote
Well, if this is downhill related, learn to pick your lines. You should constantly be checking the terrain ahead of you to find the easiest route through technical sections, don't just go slamming into rocks and plowing over them. Also land drops smoothly, with both wheels at the same time, that will help take the stress off of the components.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:17 Quote
When you are training: Set your fork and shock harder than you would normally. This will teach you to use you body to float over the terrain and ride smooth.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
try running your bike with the suspension real hard and tyres at high pressure, taught me to ride smooth and pump real nice

good luck man

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
get a hard tail and rid that on dh runs every other time you ride, it is one of the best ways to learn.

take your chain off your bike and ride it, this forces you to carry speed and pump the bike more to be anyway fast. in order to carry speed youl have to be smooth, so this should help you to become a smoother rider

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012830
Mobile Version of Website