VS. Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
VS. Thread
Posted: Jan 1, 2009 at 17:47 Quote
Just ordered the 09 apex for $515 or $550, cant remember which one lol.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 22:18 Quote
fly rims vs oddy hazard lights?

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:28 Quote
stan-tha-mann wrote:

Hazard lights. They weigh less, are easier to lace, and don't have those fugly holes drilled in them.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:34 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
stan-tha-mann wrote:

Hazard lights. They weigh less, are easier to lace, and don't have those fugly holes drilled in them.

but acording to back bone fly(frnt)=455grams oddy=510grams

nd i like the look of the holes in the fly rims

note:wont be lacing myself(because i cant)

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:42 Quote
Hazard light rims are 17.7 oz, and Fly rims are 18.6 oz(rear) and 15.9 oz(front) according to danscomp. I guess we're both right...

I still say go for hazard light rims though, my back wheel has survived almost 3 years of abuse and I've only ever broken 2 spokes.

Posted: Jan 2, 2009 at 23:44 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Hazard light rims are 17.7 oz, and Fly rims are 18.6 oz(rear) and 15.9 oz(front) according to danscomp. I guess we're both right...

I still say go for hazard light rims though, my back wheel has survived almost 3 years of abuse and I've only ever broken 2 spokes.

so fly for frnt and oddy for the back would b sensible

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 11:54 Quote
Pivitol Vs. Railed, taking into account price, wieght, and functionalbility

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
traildigger15 wrote:
I say pivotal as it's much more simple and usually lighter than a railed set-up. The plus side to getting a railed set-up is you are able to adjust it more ways (forward/backwards). As for price, decent railed and pivotal set-ups cost about the same.

*Edit- As well, with pivotal set-ups you can almost always slam them (unless you have the original macneil post).

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 12:13 Quote
KHE Triple Threat LT
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/18614/KHE_Triple_Threat_LT_Bike_2009

or

Kink liberty
http://www.winstanleysbmx.com/product/18498/Kink_Liberty_Bike_2009

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 15:44 Quote
traildigger15 wrote:

Rails!!!!!!!1!! Price is about the same, weight is about the same, rails win for functionality. Much more adjustable than a pivotal.

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 15:58 Quote
And chances are you won't get a sad seat with rails.

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 7:07 Quote
Animal Hamiltons PCs vs Odassey twisted PC, which is better for grip?

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 7:27 Quote
traildigger15 wrote:
ANIMALS! in my opinion anyways. After about a week of riding, the odysseys lost their grip majorly for me. I rode the animals for about 4 months before i finally decided to change em.

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 at 0:04 Quote
mynameisbob wrote:
traildigger15 wrote:
ANIMALS! in my opinion anyways. After about a week of riding, the odysseys lost their grip majorly for me. I rode the animals for about 4 months before i finally decided to change em.
ODYSSEY!A friend of mine had the animals for less than a month and they had a little play,and they lost their grip.Another friend of mine has the odysseys for more a year,and they are in perfect condition. ;]

Posted: Feb 10, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
I have the pc's and they have 16 plastic pins on each side, the animals are exactly the same as the aluminum ones only plastic. in my opinion the animals are way better b/c it feels like alot more pedal under ur feet then the pc's and they seem to be constructed out of better plastic, and also have a knurled surface. The pcs may have more pins but i don't think they'll last as long.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015582
Mobile Version of Website