VS. Thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
VS. Thread
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:
Kink Transition or Roc?
I don't think there is that much a difference. This will probly be the only time I say this, but base it on what color you want.
Actually, Are 2-pc cranks better than 3's?? (i know 3's are more traditional)

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
Two piece cranks are a pain in the ass. 3 piece cranks are much more simple and easier to maintain. For example, say you wanted to change your sprocket. With 3 piece you would just have to take one arm off. With 2 piece you have to take the whole crank set off. With 3 piece is also better if something goes wrong, since you can replace both arms and the spindle separately. With 2 piece, they are connected together and you have to replace both.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:13 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Two piece cranks are a pain in the ass. 3 piece cranks are much more simple and easier to maintain. For example, say you wanted to change your sprocket. With 3 piece you would just have to take one arm off. With 2 piece you have to take the whole crank set off. With 3 piece is also better if something goes wrong, since you can replace both arms and the spindle separately. With 2 piece, they are connected together and you have to replace both.

Well theres the Transition FTW
set aside the pain in the A$$ thing are they usually stronger though?

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:14 Quote
Do you not understand that the weight of the frame does not matter? If you want to save weight, get light cranks, rims, and tires, because thats where it counts. Don't skimp out on frames, thats just a dumb thing to do. And it makes no sense to get a light, thin wall tubed frame if you want it to last for a while. There are many frames out there that are even stronger than the Harvester for equal or less cash. But if you want to go Eastern, get the Harvester.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
Do you not understand that the weight of the frame does not matter? If you want to save weight, get light cranks, rims, and tires, because thats where it counts. Don't skimp out on frames, thats just a dumb thing to do. And it makes no sense to get a light, thin wall tubed frame if you want it to last for a while. There are many frames out there that are even stronger than the Harvester for equal or less cash. But if you want to go Eastern, get the Harvester.
you dont make sense man it does matter it takes like 3-4 lbs off my bike right now

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:16 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
you dont make sense man it does matter it takes like 3-4 lbs off my bike right now

Wow your Frame mus weigh a Shitload

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
Jolly-Roger wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

Depends on the cranks that you are comparing it to.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:17 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
Jolly-Roger wrote:
lettusdude wrote:

Depends on the cranks that you are comparing it to.
Makes sense

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
So.
Kink Transiton - 1
Kink Roc --------- 0

? Rofl

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
I am not going to tell you that you have to get a specific frame, or what you have to do to your bike. But it just seems like a bad idea to put a new nice frame onto some completes. What do you have right now?

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
DKrider65 wrote:
steezemaster wrote:
I am not going to tell you that you have to get a specific frame, or what you have to do to your bike. But it just seems like a bad idea to put a new nice frame onto some completes. What do you have right now?
I'm guessing a DK? hence the name DKrider65
Thats true, it would shave some weight they weigh alot

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:29 Quote
I hope its not for his dk rage.

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:30 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
It probably is.....

Posted: Feb 11, 2009 at 17:32 Quote
steezemaster wrote:
i have a dk rage but is all new parts except the frame and crank

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009722
Mobile Version of Website