Powered by Outside

My Dream Freeride Build

PB Forum :: Specialized
My Dream Freeride Build
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 7:27 Quote
ok so hears how it goes i need some help im not doing this right now but i wanna build up a bike eventually thats like amazing for freeride and downhill so i wanna use a demo frame but what one are they all the same? second i wanna use a vivid rear shock anygood what one third what fork duel or single what wheels i was thinknig deemaxx and what other parts what do you think of this build i really like duel crowns but dunno if it would be better with single or not help me!

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
Like you need to use commas and periods like so people can understand you like.

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 7:46 Quote
Get the demo 7 frame because you can make it into a 7.75inch travel bike. wich would then be good for downhill as well as freeride.

also go for the vivid if you really want it or just get a DHX 5.

dont get dee max unless you can get a super deal on them they are not worth the money.
just get mavic 823's ( same as dee max hoops ) and then get hubs of your choice I would say some hope pro II's because they are only about 300-400 for a set and are amazing.

Get a single crown 66 or Totem Solo Air or another type of totem. and get the 1.5" steer tube because the demo 7 frame is a 1.5" headtube.

As for parts I would go sram x-9 because its affordable and works great. or if you got alot of money go for the x-0 :O

brakes - budget juicy 7's or 5's if your not on a budget get the codes or the juicy carbons.

ill leave the rest up to you.

Thomasz.

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 7:59 Quote
So let me get this right....you make a "my dream bike" thread, but you dont know anything about the frame you want, or the shock, fork and wheels???

I think maybe its time to use the research skills you should have learned in school and do a little digging

You just might be able to answer you own questions....

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 8:40 Quote
well here's what i would do..and probably will but not for another year or 2

Frame- Demo 8 frame (dhx 5.0 because it's proven itself)

Fork- Marzocchi 888 wc

Handle Bars- Easton

Grips- Odi lock ons

Seatpost- Thompson / seat ???

Headset- Chris King

Brakes- Avid Codes with Goodrich line

Gears- Sram XO shifter and derailler (no less the X9 if you want to cut costs)

Cranks- Race Face diablus crankset

Chainguide- Gamut Guide or E-13 (whatever floats your boat...i kinda like the gumut better)

Pedals- Syncros mentals (magnesium)

Wheelset- Ckris King hubs laced to Syncros DPS32 rim (yes it's white...i know im a trend whore Wink )

Rubber- Maxxis Highroller rear 2.35 and Minion Front 2.35 or 2.5

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 16:48 Quote
yea im liking this one i love the look of duel crowns but dunno if they would be so hot for freeride but yea

nothingsshocking wrote:

Fork- Marzocchi 888 wc

Handle Bars- Easton

Grips- Odi lock ons

Headset- Chris King

Chainguide- Gamut Guide or E-13 (whatever floats your boat...i kinda like the gumut better)

Wheelset- Ckris King hubs laced to Syncros DPS32 rim (yes it's white...i know im a trend whore Wink )

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 16:49 Quote
scott-e wrote:
So let me get this right....you make a "my dream bike" thread, but you dont know anything about the frame you want, or the shock, fork and wheels???

I think maybe its time to use the research skills you should have learned in school and do a little digging

You just might be able to answer you own questions....

and dude i did reasearch and this thread is part of it btw and i know what frame a demo i know a vuage idea of wheels mavic forks i dont know ya got me there whoopti shit

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
thomasz wrote:
Get the demo 7 frame because you can make it into a 7.75inch travel bike. wich would then be good for downhill as well as freeride.

also go for the vivid if you really want it or just get a DHX 5.

dont get dee max unless you can get a super deal on them they are not worth the money.
just get mavic 823's ( same as dee max hoops ) and then get hubs of your choice I would say some hope pro II's because they are only about 300-400 for a set and are amazing.

Get a single crown 66 or Totem Solo Air or another type of totem. and get the 1.5" steer tube because the demo 7 frame is a 1.5" headtube.

As for parts I would go sram x-9 because its affordable and works great. or if you got alot of money go for the x-0 :O

brakes - budget juicy 7's or 5's if your not on a budget get the codes or the juicy carbons.

ill leave the rest up to you.

Thomasz.
thanx i like this idea to what would you go with btw vivid or dhx 5 i dont care bout money for rear shock btw i dunno anything bout fully's really as i ride hardtail

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 16:50 Quote
superfly26 wrote:
Like you need to use commas and periods like so people can understand you like.
and dude i dont care

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
hendu wrote:
yea im liking this one i love the look of duel crowns but dunno if they would be so hot for freeride but yea

nothingsshocking wrote:

Fork- Marzocchi 888 wc

Handle Bars- Easton

Grips- Odi lock ons

Headset- Chris King

well it depends on the kind of freeride you want to do....if you still want to do bar spins and stuff then not as good a single crowns

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
yea i dunno what im gonna do thanx for the help people

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
This is tricky, seeing as I am more of a DH guy...but lets try:

Frame: Demo 7
Fork: Totem coil 1.5
Shock: Vivid 5.1
Brakes: Codes
Bar: Sunline v1
Stem: Sunline v1
Headset: Chris King 1.5
Cranks: Saint
Guide: Gamut
Pedals: NRG
Derailuer: X9
Hubs: Hope Pro II
Rims: 729
Tires: Michelin 32f, 16r/or Highrollers
Seat: Not sure

There are lots of places where you could shave weight, or put more on for more strength...you didn't really specify what you were looking for in a FR build.

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
What exactly is the point in asking what components to use if you arnt gona build it, by the time you do everything we suggest will more than likely be outdated

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
im jsut doing it for fun you got a problem with that like ffs dont say anything if you dont got anything to contribute thats worth whil

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
nothingsshocking wrote:

Fork- Marzocchi 888 wc

Handle Bars- Easton

Grips- Odi lock ons

Headset- Chris King

Sick, I would personaly take a pair of totems instead, but that's just me, don't like the feel of t/c forks.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010715
Mobile Version of Website