dirtjump tips

PB Forum :: Trail Building
dirtjump tips
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 18:30 Quote
ok i got a truck load of dirt and ive shaped it everyday sence i got it and its just never perfect
so if you have any tips on making the perfect jump
put them down

O+
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 18:33 Quote
when i lay the dirt in a pile i use my bike to shape them just roll it up and down it gets me the shape that i want then all you have to do is make the lip.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 12:30 Quote
is the dirt really dry, or is it still pretty wet. cuz both those are gonna cause issues

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
your hopeless kyle...

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 18:09 Quote
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=105067

look through some of those find the lips.
Dude, you really dont need to make an INTERNET thread everytime you need basic help. Just ask a friend.
Ill shape your jump for you, GEEZ.
lol

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
yetibiker wrote:
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=105067

look through some of those find the lips.
Dude, you really dont need to make an INTERNET thread everytime you need basic help. Just ask a friend.
Ill shape your jump for you, GEEZ.
lol
hahaha mike your so funny jk lol

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 16:52 Quote
yea its not that hard to make a jump

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 16:59 Quote
make your jump out of wood. Just finished a big wood jump this weekend and it is so dope.

Posted: May 19, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
yea when you make them out of would they hold better and dont break away when you hit itBatman

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 8:15 Quote
you start of buy making a big square base about 2 meater square then build up from the front dont compact till you have a big curved pile of mud then compact it to shape it shoud tern out good
photo

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
xxburton4lifexx wrote:
when i lay the dirt in a pile i use my bike to shape them just roll it up and down it gets me the shape that i want then all you have to do is make the lip.

This is a good tip, but make sure that when you do this, that your rear wheel comes up past where your front wheel was, otherwise you'll get a weird bump in the middle of your landing.

Posted: May 20, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
Build a pile roughly the shape of the launch. Watter it down and pack the face, backside, sides and top with the backside of a flat square tipped shovel. watter aggain and pack down again and let dry. keep repaeting this til the pile is packed hard enough so that a moderate kick with the sole of your foot doesn't damage the pile of dirt. Now with the tip of the flat end of the shovel with the scoop facing down going from top to bottom crave out the transition. After you've made a good transition roll the front tire of your bike up and down it numerous times, moistening every once and a while. Hope this helps.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.066466
Mobile Version of Website