would a rockshox domain be good??

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
would a rockshox domain be good??
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:22 Quote
hey , i am looking into getting a rockshox domain for my bike , and lowering it to a 150mm, i have a 2006 cannondale chase, i do freeride and djs, some feed back would be amazing cause i want to know if it would be a good choice.. thanks

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
It's a very good freeride fork, not sure about dj though.

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
id get a pike, they go to 145 i think, and there a better dj fork, abut can still handel any freeride. and you can change the travel, from 95-140 mm id go with the pike or a 140 mm marzz 55

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
does anyone use the domain for DH?

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
i dont think it is a good dhfork, more of a fr/ big mountain fork, im sure it could be done, but i wouldent, id rther ride my 66 for dh than a doman, the totem is rs;s dh single crown fork

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
cool i was asking because i just bought a Enduro today with a domain on it...i plan on using for all kinds of riding...probably light DH too

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
yeah i use my 302 for dh. it works but not to great. got a 2010 boxxer team for christmas today tho!

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 13:37 Quote
i use a 318 u-turn for DH, and it's awesome! you can make it work WAY better for DH by doing the Shim stack mod.

It's heavy( a tad over 6lbs) but the u-turn makes up for that.

I use it on my vagrant, which i do everything on. Drop the travel all the way down and crank up the compression damping and it works fine for DJ

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 13:40 Quote
this may sound dumb, but what is the Shim stack mod and how do you do it

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
Infiltrator wrote:
i use a 318 u-turn for DH, and it's awesome! you can make it work WAY better for DH by doing the Shim stack mod.

I use it on my vagrant, which i do everything on. Drop the travel all the way down and crank up the compression damping and it works fine for DJ

what is the shim stack mod and how do you do it

Posted: Dec 25, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
freeridechef wrote:
Infiltrator wrote:

what is the shim stack mod and how do you do it

you pull out the MoCo damper, unclip the speedstack, remove the 8mm nut, remove the shims, and put it all back together. Takes about 10 minutes the first time you do it.
If you start to get into big hit riding, just re-install the shims

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=531605&highlight=domain+shim+stack

thats the how to. hardest part is aligning the plastic bit up with the valve so that the compression adjuster works properly.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012163
Mobile Version of Website