Official Wakeboarders Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Official Wakeboarders Thread
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 2:45 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
Ya, it's the Stingray tube that is the flying tube. They were taken off the shelves everywhere but we bought a couple when they first came out. Bought them at Costco. They're nowhere to be found anymore. Try Ebay.

They look so much fun! I'm pretty sure i've seen them for sale in the U.K. before. And how come they are illegal in Canada, people getting injured?

Mod
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 8:31 Quote
People were getting hurt and I think there were some deaths. Lots of serious neck and back injuries too.

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 17:55 Quote
elliot-lowndes wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
Ya, it's the Stingray tube that is the flying tube. They were taken off the shelves everywhere but we bought a couple when they first came out. Bought them at Costco. They're nowhere to be found anymore. Try Ebay.

They look so much fun! I'm pretty sure i've seen them for sale in the U.K. before. And how come they are illegal in Canada, people getting injured?

ya try getting killed

Posted: Aug 7, 2009 at 17:59 Quote
so i've officially joined the faceplant club. when do the sharp chest pains subside?

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
Those stingrays don't sound quite as good anymore! I don't remember ever hearing anything like that here but I suppose you have more people using them over there.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 11:17 Quote
hey what are some weird things you guys have towed behind your boat? like toboggans, GT racers, wakebikes?

Mod
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 11:28 Quote
Most of the lakes in Alberta are private and people like to take others to the association when there are issues with polluting the lake, being loud and obnoxious, and doing things you shouldn't be doing. Therefore, no one really tows anything that doesn’t belong in it. Only thing I’ve towed out of the ordinary is our water trampoline and log ride. The lakes in BC have police on the busy ones and most of the smaller ones are private/have private boat launches so in order to launch your boat, you require a residence on the lake and they too have the associations that will kick you out or suspend you if there are issues.

Posted: Aug 10, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
wipper15 wrote:
hey what are some weird things you guys have towed behind your boat? like toboggans, GT racers, wakebikes?
we've done rocking chairs on skis, windsurf board with 6 people, GT. and then not really weird but more cool: 6 kneeboarders up, 3 person kneeboard pyramid, 12 up skiing, wakeboarders jumping kneeboarders and wakeboarders, wakeskater hopping on a wakeboarders board, elbows and knees, and i do have pictures to back some of these up with

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 8:51 Quote
wow, we've really let this thread die. come on guys its peak wakeboarding season, you gotta have SOMETHING to talk about

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 9:53 Quote
Just got a 140 O'Brien Vision Big Grin

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 5:13 Quote
just completely f*cked my knee biking, think i may have cracked it, wakeboardings the last thing on my list right now

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 9:35 Quote
vilneff33 wrote:
just completely f*cked my knee biking, think i may have cracked it, wakeboardings the last thing on my list right now

aw man that sucks, hope you get better soon

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 16:06 Quote
Have only been three times this summer unfortunately, but on the bright side i have learned a few new tricks, in my bag-o-tricks i have 180s-360s- just learned 540s- all types of grabs- and working on the backroll and raighly (SP) but im afraid of knocking myself out again. Even wearing a wake helmet i managed to knock myself unconsious for a few seconds while learning the 540

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
csanders wrote:
Have only been three times this summer unfortunately, but on the bright side i have learned a few new tricks, in my bag-o-tricks i have 180s-360s- just learned 540s- all types of grabs- and working on the backroll and raighly (SP) but im afraid of knocking myself out again. Even wearing a wake helmet i managed to knock myself unconsious for a few seconds while learning the 540

hah. your doing better than my and i've been out about 10 times. today i pulled off a surface 900:P pretty proud of myselflol still working on the tantrum though

Posted: Aug 23, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
dmanj wrote:
csanders wrote:

hah. your doing better than my and i've been out about 10 times. today i pulled off a surface 900:P pretty proud of myselflol still working on the tantrum though

try the backroll, its supposed to be easier than a 360

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.039312
Mobile Version of Website