Red Deer and Area thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Red Deer and Area thread
Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 10:55 Quote
Well said. There are lots of issues with the bike park from the city's point of view as well as from a riders point of view. I don't think anyone can argue that the bike park is better than the pines. The pines is just dirt jumps and there are other types of riders out there. At my old age I'm not too committed to want to boost huge gaps. I don't want to ride strictly cross country with my seat jacked up 2 feet from my frame either. I nice mix of trails with some free ride and jumps is what this place is lacking.

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 13:19 Quote
I agree with you. Red Deer lacks all mountain trails. There are lots of xc and some dirt jumps but nothing for us freeride guys. The problem is getting people motivated to build. I don't really know if the bike park has the proper land to build a good dh/am. I've never really been exploring through the forest but the north shore loop doesn't seem promising. If someone knows the bike park boundries they should post a google map screen shot of it so we kind of have an idea on where we can even build. Are we able to build west of the big line at the bike park or is the big line as far as we can go?

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 at 13:34 Quote
Going west of the big line isn't in the plan yet. A few of us have started to cut a switchback line just below the free ride area by the power lines. East of the jump park. A lot of that stuff needs to be replaced or rebuilt. It's so old and is falling apart. That open field is all designated as a free ride area as well. There are some motivated riders/builders here but getting everyone together and on the same page seems to be the biggest challenge. If your interested in helping you would be more than welcome.

Posted: Oct 31, 2012 at 19:01 Quote
diablo911 wrote:
I agree with you. Red Deer lacks all mountain trails. There are lots of xc and some dirt jumps but nothing for us freeride guys. The problem is getting people motivated to build. I don't really know if the bike park has the proper land to build a good dh/am. I've never really been exploring through the forest but the north shore loop doesn't seem promising. If someone knows the bike park boundries they should post a google map screen shot of it so we kind of have an idea on where we can even build. Are we able to build west of the big line at the bike park or is the big line as far as we can go?

I don't think the park is big enough to get any serious trails going. I've done a lot of xc riding and this winter I am doing my first dh build, and once spring comes around I am gonna get into dh/ fr and I would be interested in helping build and maintain at the mtb park

Mod
Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 15:26 Quote
I heard that all the stunts east of the river was getting demolished by the city.. any truth to that/did it happen?

Posted: Nov 2, 2012 at 18:30 Quote
as far as I am aware that is private/provincial land and the city cannot do anything. though it wouldn't surprise me with the new subdivision in there

Posted: Nov 3, 2012 at 17:45 Quote
The land reverted back to the city once they started doing development north of 67th in the clearview area. The city has talked about donating that land as bike park, once again being under the CABC to develop.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 14:12 Quote
There will be a work day at the bike park Sunday, starting around Noon. We will be focusing on clearing brush and continuing to cut a new freeride trail. Bring a saw or shovel, anything to help cut trail. Anybody who would like to help is welcome, and we would be happy to listen your input. Not you Naugs, you're too old to be relevant. I said, NOT YOU NAUGS, YOU'RE TOO OLD TO BE RELEVANT. Turn your hearing aids up.

Posted: Nov 15, 2012 at 19:42 Quote
Haha I'll come help. Where are we meeting?

Posted: Nov 16, 2012 at 17:18 Quote
At the top of the jump park by Wheels On. I'll be there for 11 am, looking forward to seeing you

Posted: Nov 18, 2012 at 20:08 Quote
Good progress at the park today, thanks to the guys who came out. Pictures of what has been built so far can be found at http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152264405795554.922985.735215553&type=3 There are 7 switchbacks laid out, once they are cut, the features can be planned. Hope for mild weather so we can get a few more days in. Any body who is interested in coming is more than welcome, send me your e-mail and I will contact you for the next time.

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 8:44 Quote
crash1978 wrote:
There will be a work day at the bike park Sunday, starting around Noon. We will be focusing on clearing brush and continuing to cut a new freeride trail. Bring a saw or shovel, anything to help cut trail. Anybody who would like to help is welcome, and we would be happy to listen your input. Not you Naugs, you're too old to be relevant. I said, NOT YOU NAUGS, YOU'RE TOO OLD TO BE RELEVANT. Turn your hearing aids up.

Posted: Nov 19, 2012 at 8:46 Quote
[Quote="naugs"]
crash1978 wrote:
I read lips so look at me when your talking and I should be able to hear. Oh wait I don't care

Posted: Dec 31, 2012 at 12:13 Quote
This thing still exists. wow....

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016604
Mobile Version of Website