Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: May 3, 2020 at 0:31 Quote
Here is my 2015 Enduro Expert Evo, bought it used, previous owner had upgraded a bunch of stuff already, like Zee brakes and Stans Flow rims, i further upgraded it to XT 11-speed, 11-46, climbs so nice now with that big cog back there. Since the photo was taken I added a Fox transfer dropper, and some 2.5 Assegai’s, the bike is complete and so much fun
photo

Posted: May 3, 2020 at 0:38 Quote
MartinR73 wrote:
Here is my 2015 Enduro Expert Evo, bought it used, previous owner had upgraded a bunch of stuff already, like Zee brakes and Stans Flow rims, i further upgraded it to XT 11-speed, 11-46, climbs so nice now with that big cog back there. Since the photo was taken I added a Fox transfer dropper, and some 2.5 Assegai’s, the bike is complete and so much fun
photo
dude, that things sick! don't change a thing on it!

Posted: May 5, 2020 at 12:33 Quote
Megaton wrote:
WrathofKhan wrote:
2000 Specialized Enduro. Still Going Strong!

2000 Specialized Enduro Comp 17 . Heavily Upgraded. Converted to 1X.

2000 Specialized Enduro Comp 17 . Heavily Upgraded. Converted to 1X.

The bike is almost 15 years old with over 30k miles on it and is still a blast to ride. Just converted it to 1X.

Still riding this bike today, works great. All the frame bearings are still nice and tight and smooth. Some of the upgrades I've made to the 2000 Specialized Enduro Comp (17") bike:

2000 Fox Vanilla R Coil-Over (700lb. spring)
2001 Marzocchi Bomber Z1 MCR w/ ECC (130mm)
1X9 Shimano XT/ Raceface drivetrain
(1996 Shimano XT 5-bolt Compact Crankarms, Raceface 32t Race Ring, Shimano 9-Speed HG-61 11t-36t Cassette-replaced 12t with 11t cog, Shimano 9-Speed XT M-771-SGS Rear Mech, XTR cables/housing, 1998 Avid Rollamajig )
Custom Fabricated Chain Keeper
Shimano Saint Platform Pedals
Maxxis High Roller 2.35 rear tire (MaxxPro 60a, Kevlar)
WTB MutanoRaptor 2.4 front tire (DNA compound, Kelvar)
Titec DH kTi Saddle
Oury Grips
Stock everything else

Is this still a 165mm shock ? I wanna build my bike up again (White Enduro Comp '00) and would like to use a longer shock (190mm) to increase the rear travel to max 125mm, anyone got experience with this ?
Drawed the linkage curve and it doesn´t look like it could handle 190mm cause of a very sharp angle

Thanks in advance

Posted: May 15, 2020 at 12:18 Quote
Hey guys,
I’m getting an 05’ S-Works enduro, and as some of you guys might know, this thing doesn’t climb, because of its weight, and geo. I’m going to put a rear shock that has a slightly too long stroke, raising the BB, and making the rear travel increase slightly. That slight increase has caused the front (150mm) of travel to be unbalanced, and wonky, and overall, I like too much, rather than too little travel. I’m looking into a duel crown for it, and I’m thinking of getting a Boxxer, and shortening its travel to 180mm. If I do this, the ATC will be just 5mm more than the talus previously on it! Anyways, in my oppinion the almost bare aluminum with a black outlines looks kinda lame. Anyone have any ideas for making this a cooler looking build? I’ll add all the things I’ve got so far down below:
1. Maxxis DHF tires
2. Sram NX cassette (10-42t)
3. Sram GX shifter, and derailure
4. Newer XT brakes
5. A Fox Van coil rear shock
6. A duel crown, possibly a Boxxer, but still TBD
Anyways, anyone have any build ideas? I’m thinking I can color in the S-Works logo, or something, but my mind is really blank when it comes to this. I’m thinking I can also get a sticker from a friend who might have a vinyl cutter that says “Prodotype” on it, so the bike doesn’t seem as old as it is. Anyways, thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Jacoby

Posted: May 15, 2020 at 19:13 Quote
JacobyDH wrote:
Hey guys,
I’m getting an 05’ S-Works enduro, and as some of you guys might know, this thing doesn’t climb, because of its weight, and geo. I’m going to put a rear shock that has a slightly too long stroke, raising the BB, and making the rear travel increase slightly. That slight increase has caused the front (150mm) of travel to be unbalanced, and wonky, and overall, I like too much, rather than too little travel. I’m looking into a duel crown for it, and I’m thinking of getting a Boxxer, and shortening its travel to 180mm. If I do this, the ATC will be just 5mm more than the talus previously on it! Anyways, in my oppinion the almost bare aluminum with a black outlines looks kinda lame. Anyone have any ideas for making this a cooler looking build? I’ll add all the things I’ve got so far down below:
1. Maxxis DHF tires
4. Newer XT brakes
Anyways, anyone have any build ideas? I’m thinking I can color in the S-Works logo, or something, but my mind is really blank when it comes to this. I’m thinking I can also get a sticker from a friend who might have a vinyl cutter that says “Prodotype” on it, so the bike doesn’t seem as old as it is. Anyways, thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Jacoby

Only suggestion is that you spell check Prodotype before you have the sticker made!

Posted: May 15, 2020 at 19:15 Quote
chunter wrote:
JacobyDH wrote:
Hey guys,
1. Maxxis DHF tires
4. Newer XT brakes

Cheers,
Jacoby

Only suggestion is that you spell check Prodotype before you have the sticker made!
Hahahahaha lol! Yeah, I guess I had that coming my way!

Posted: May 15, 2020 at 23:55 Quote
So a couple of things.

A dual crown on an older frame is sketchy, I’ve seen various snapped sx trails which were supposedly stronger than the Enduro.

Looking at the geo sheet I don’t think the geo is that bad for climbing. I don’t think that’s going to hold you back, the weight and the suspension kinematics might though.

Also you want a bike to climb but you’re fitting a coil shock with no lockout to it? You be much better off getting an modern air shock with a pedalling platform and running it with slightly less sag (20%) to steepen your geo.

Personally if I were building an old Enduro up I’d go for something along these lines.

Fox 36 float straight steerer version lowered to 140/150mm (your choice for the overall bike geometry)
Some sort of lighter wheelset, something around 1800g
A newish air shock like a rockshox monarch in the correct length for the bike. A fox float x2 would be even better because of the large negative air spring allowing less sag to be run but still with small bump compliance.
A set of lighter fast rolling tyres. Maxxis exo aggressor on the rear, dhr on the front

And as for the paint 99% of the time the factor paint will look best. I think I know the colour frame you have and it’s pretty timeless. I’d just leave it and concentrate on the build

Posted: Jun 16, 2020 at 11:24 Quote
photo

2020 and 2017 650b.. both have been so much fun.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 9:23 Quote
Anyone know if a 8.5 by 2.5 will direct fit my 19 Enduro? I want an air shock to try on it

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 11:12 Quote
makripper wrote:
Anyone know if a 8.5 by 2.5 will direct fit my 19 Enduro? I want an air shock to try on it

I've got an Ohlins STX from my 18 Enduro if interested...

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 at 12:48 Quote
b0cephus wrote:
makripper wrote:

I've got an Ohlins STX from my 18 Enduro if interested...
I'm trying to find a super deluxe or x2 cheers

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2020 at 19:17 Quote
I’m trying to put a new coil on my 2018 enduro comp. what is the best way to do this?

Edit: I mean way to go about this, like is it the bike yoke mount or something else?

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 10:15 Quote
MattF51 wrote:
I’m trying to put a new coil on my 2018 enduro comp. what is the best way to do this?

Edit: I mean way to go about this, like is it the bike yoke mount or something else?
Bike yoke or 2019 enduro shock mount.

Posted: Oct 28, 2020 at 12:32 Quote
MattF51 wrote:

what coil are you trying to use and what shock is currently on there? 2018 had a coil version. Go to your bike shop.

P.s may be selling my ohlins ttx coil pm if interested

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015116
Mobile Version of Website