Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 19:55 Quote
Looks good. Saddle look off but cool bike.
SMX1 wrote:
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 12:16 Quote
Here's my 2001 Enduro FSR build. First pic is when I picked it up, was mostly stock and obviously wasn't kept up but was solid mechanically. I've since stripped it and rebuilt with all components from my collection:

2006 Fox Talas R 90-130mm Fork (probably soon to be replaced with an '07 Float RLC 120mm as I don't need the adjustable height)
Fox Float R shock (just replaced with a '14 Float CTD)
2x9 XT shifters, XTR RD, Truvativ Stylo GXP crank w/ Raceface bashring
Avid Elixir 7 brakeset
Mavic 223 wheelset on Specialized branded DT Swiss hubs, QR rear, DT Swiss 9mm thru-bolt front.
Ritchey post, Titus saddle (soon to add Command Post dropper)

Once I have the dropper, new fork, and maybe get some lighter pedals, I will be riding my dream bike. It already shreds and I have no problem keeping up with the guys on the new hotness with it. Sure the active suspension design is antiquated, but it suits me and I was able to buy and build it without my kids going w/o diapers this month. Big Grin

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 1:10 Quote
Just picked an 06 Enduro
getting some part references on this thread to built my enduro
Specialized Enduro 2006

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
Anyone had time on both the Fox CTD shock and a CCDB Inline? If so, is the CCBD Inline worlds better?

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 8:12 Quote
Specialized Enduro
Looking for a rear shock upgrade, what are some good options for me? Air vs Coil?

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
You really can't go wrong with a modern air shock. Rockshox monarchs are probably the best bang for you buck at the moment

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
You really can't go wrong with a modern air shock. Rockshox monarchs are probably the best bang for you buck at the moment

Get a Rockshox Monarch Plus and you won't be disappointed, easy to service and you can add reducer bands to fine tune yourself!

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 18:27 Quote
billywhiz040480 wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Get a Rockshox Monarch Plus and you won't be disappointed, easy to service and you can add reducer bands to fine tune yourself!
is the 05 enduro a 8.5x2.5 rear shock? i measured that, i just want to be sure

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/new-rear-shock-recommendations-05-enduro-s-works-380233.html

I make it 8.75 x 2.5, I could be wrong mind because I'm not sure if there is any difference between the S-Works and standard frame but I doubt it, double check with Specialized first I would.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
If it is you could fit a 8.5x2.5 to slacken it out to replicate more modern geometry. I did it on my old iron horse and it worked amazingly

Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
Is it ok if my enduro expert 2006 using 180mm dual crown fork?
because the previous owner used this bike for Downhill Race using Marzocchi 888 fork
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020239
Mobile Version of Website