Eastern nightrain or black market .357?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Eastern nightrain or black market .357?
Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
blackmarket357 wrote:
black market is lighter how in the world di you figgure the easton is light
ans the part spec on the eastern is nothing compared to the 357
just look at my pics in my profile clearley the 357 is the way to goPimp Cool
um its a no brainer, even if you look at the forks, eastern has an argyle 318 while the 357 has a dirt jumper 3 (lowest fork in the dirt jumper line)

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
elee wrote:
blackmarket357 wrote:
um its a no brainer, even if you look at the forks, eastern has an argyle 318 while the 357 has a dirt jumper 3 (lowest fork in the dirt jumper line)
ok.

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 19:52 Quote
how light is the nightrain? 28 or 32 i have heard both??

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 20:03 Quote
well the 2007 one is 28 pounds, and i emailed the guys at eastern and they said it will be lighter then the 07 one, so less then 28

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
cegik wrote:
well the 2007 one is 28 pounds, and i emailed the guys at eastern and they said it will be lighter then the 07 one, so less then 28
that is amazing i was thinking that it was going to be like 32 pounds.
thanksBig Grin

Posted: Apr 13, 2008 at 20:39 Quote
go with the eastern man. sounds like you want that one too.Smile

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 20:46 Quote
elee wrote:
blackmarket357 wrote:

ya nice try. the only reason blk mrkt put on the dj 3 is because it is the strongest dj fork on the market right now and that was the point on the three57, to have a bike you can throw around and have it be strong enough for anything. the argyle might be a nice fork, but the dj 3 is strong and simple which means its going to have less problems.

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
konandy3 wrote:
elee wrote:
blackmarket357 wrote:

ya nice try. the only reason blk mrkt put on the dj 3 is because it is the strongest dj fork on the market right now and that was the point on the three57, to have a bike you can throw around and have it be strong enough for anything. the argyle might be a nice fork, but the dj 3 is strong and simple which means its going to have less problems.
yeah but isn't the argyle a better fork and lighter?

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
you forgot to take into account the wheels. stypes are much stronger than the no-name crap rims that are on the 357.

people are more likely to break wheels before forks, you know...

i'd take the eastern over the 357 any day. but if i really had the money i'd get the 357 and swap out the fork, rims and brake for something better. say, an argyle 318, mtxes and a juicy/stroker.

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 14:18 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
you forgot to take into account the wheels. stypes are much stronger than the no-name crap rims that are on the 357.

i'd take the eastern over the 357 any day. but if i really had the money i'd get the 357 and swap out the fork, rims and brake for something better. say, an argyle 318, mtxes and a juicy/stroker.
ya i think i will jst get the nightrain.Batman

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
rippin-it-up wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

ya i think i will jst get the nightrain.Batman

just get the night train, the night train has jsut about better everything, and is lighter

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
i got a 357 bike and i had the same debate. Rims are no name i cant deny that but they are strong as hell. i used to be able to only 90 flat and learned on those rims to make it all the way around to a 180. if rims can hold up to that with out getting out of true, i say they are good.

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 20:04 Quote
the night train has shorter chainstays.

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
i am going to get the nightrain!
end thread
thanks for all the help guys!Beer

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013072
Mobile Version of Website