Parental disproval of biking

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Parental disproval of biking
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 15:20 Quote
Yep, working six days a week rakes the money in fairly quick. And your more than welcome to take my v10 for a spin any time. Wink

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 15:28 Quote
Just say this:

"Mom, Dad are you too goddamn dense to see that I clearly don't have a promising future in baseball?"

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 15:30 Quote
I should add that, judging by the grammar of your post, you probably don't put as much time into school as you should. Maybe they are really pissed about that.

Mod
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 15:31 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
And your more than welcome to take my v10 for a spin any time. Wink

I am going to take it for a spin and then steal it! Oh wait, it's a Santacruz. You can keep it.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 15:36 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
calgaryrider wrote:
And your more than welcome to take my v10 for a spin any time. Wink

I am going to take it for a spin and then steal it! Oh wait, it's a Santacruz. You can keep it.

Haha, sorry that its no intense M6, but I got a good deal on it, so I won't complain. BTW are you back riding this season, or is the knee still bothering you?

FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 15:39 Quote
i don't think the problem is the money; because as everyone is saying, its quite easy to get enough cash to do stuff that you want nowadays. i think that he is worried about his parents being angry at him. assuming that in america, baseball is as big as football (soccer) is over here, his parents are pushing him to succeed unfairly. if i were you, being the same age as you, i would talk to them because a compromise where you get a job, and can ride whenever, but they dont disown you, would be for the best. hope this helps Big Grin

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
calgaryrider wrote:
Yep, working six days a week rakes the money in fairly quick. And your more than welcome to take my v10 for a spin any time. Wink

Sweet, that would be fun! Maybe we can swap bikes at COP for a run sometime and you can try out the SX too Big Grin

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 9:58 Quote
stephbowcycle wrote:
calgaryrider wrote:

Sweet, that would be fun! Maybe we can swap bikes at COP for a run sometime and you can try out the SX too Big Grin

I'd be down with that. Smile

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 20:44 Quote
dirtjumpur wrote:
i don't think the problem is the money; because as everyone is saying, its quite easy to get enough cash to do stuff that you want nowadays. i think that he is worried about his parents being angry at him. assuming that in america, baseball is as big as football (soccer) is over here, his parents are pushing him to succeed unfairly. if i were you, being the same age as you, i would talk to them because a compromise where you get a job, and can ride whenever, but they dont disown you, would be for the best. hope this helps Big Grin

yea thats my problem and this weekend the shit hit the fan. At my baseball game I pitched and had a not so great game and they flipped a bitch about how I am not working hard enough in baseball and I need to stop thinking about bikes and more about baseball. And I said I don't like baseball and they took EVERYTHING away from me. truck, gas money, cell phone, and they claim that they wont give me one cent ever again. and they both gave my the "I am very disappointed in you" speech. They practically disowned me. the worst thing is that I have 2 weeks of baseball left and I don't have a way to get home from school after practice. and summer is still a month away so I am with out a truck and my summer job that I was going to work I cant do during school. soo I am pretty much f*cked untill summer comes.

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 20:47 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
I should add that, judging by the grammar of your post, you probably don't put as much time into school as you should. Maybe they are really pissed about that.

that is a false statement, what I type on a mountain bike website has no implication as to how I do in school. I have a higher GPA than the rest of my baseball team and I am working on bringing it up even more. I can and do use proper grammar when the time is right, but when typing on a mtb forum i didn't think that I would have to use perfect grammar

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 20:53 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
SNIP

yea thats my problem and this weekend the shit hit the fan. At my baseball game I pitched and had a not so great game and they flipped a bitch about how I am not working hard enough in baseball and I need to stop thinking about bikes and more about baseball. And I said I don't like baseball and they took EVERYTHING away from me. truck, gas money, cell phone, and they claim that they wont give me one cent ever again. and they both gave my the "I am very disappointed in you" speech. They practically disowned me. the worst thing is that I have 2 weeks of baseball left and I don't have a way to get home from school after practice. and summer is still a month away so I am with out a truck and my summer job that I was going to work I cant do during school. soo I am pretty much f*cked untill summer comes.

...sounds like you can't really go to practice then. tup guess your mom and dad didn't think that part through very well.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
honestly, it sounds like you A: depend on them way to much B: bounce off of sports like its nothing, and that baseball is something youve like for a while and your parents are trying to tell you not to let go of it cause they think its just gonna get you in the "wrong crowd" when there way off, you got a tough decision, this is when you got to look and say,"do i really think biking is what id do for the rest of my life and no regrets if you were to have a freak accident and be i duuno paralyed, or even break your arm and say that you shouldn't have started biking, cause if you do think that you would have no regrets, then who cares, work your a*s off and join the rest of us, LIVE TO RIDE

O+
Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
Just give them the "If you loved me you'd" speech and see how that works.
Also whenever they give you the "I'm disappointed in you" speech, freak out at them and tell them that you don't like baseball anymore.

The more I read this ^^ the more it would make look like a spoiled brat, but it might work.

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 21:03 Quote
man, i know what your saying. i also love mtn biking, i love to ski, and i also love baseball. i do all three and havnt run into a conflict yet. my parents know that i am gona do what i want with my life and they would NEVER do anything to keep me from following my passion. personally, i love baseball more than anything ive ever experienced, but everytime i visit whistler i get second thoughts. but your 15 years old. just keep doin wt u wanna do. maybe find a different summer team that isnt so intense so you can do both. dont quit something you will really regret later on. i bet youd love baseball a lot more if it didnt feel like u were being forced to play it. so my advice to you would be look around, find a less committed summer team, finish your spring season and just have fun doin both. but i really do think youd have a hell of a lot more fun with baseball if you didnt feel like you were being forced to play. good luck to ya dude

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 21:07 Quote
Hah i think your going to get i slightly biased answer here but in my opinion i think that you should stay in both sports and just try to manage yor time well because it sounds like your good at baseball and you may just not think its fun because your stocked on biking at the moment2 cents

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019334
Mobile Version of Website