Hope m4 problem.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Hope m4 problem.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:02 Quote
Been having trouble with my brakes,

Pull the lever, goes pretty solid, but then if you roll the bike back or foward, or release the finger pressure on the lever, it goes completely soft and straight to the bar!!

Ive tried bleeding but that didnt help.

Any ideas?

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
ive had the same problem, on mine the piston that the lever pushes in had a load or dirt and much in the seals, just clean it out and lube it up

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 9:37 Quote
yeah i have also had this.and also my lever creeks whan i pull hard

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
well 1st of all there hope m4's and they squeak from day one, i would get shimano or avid

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:35 Quote
dwlinkage wrote:
well 1st of all there hope m4's and they squeak from day one, i would get shimano or avid
mine only squeeked when i got them covered in mud

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
well i had 3 sets, my brother and my dad had them, also my mates have them and all of theres squeak

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
dwlinkage wrote:
well i had 3 sets, my brother and my dad had them, also my mates have them and all of theres squeak
lol but now i want juicy 7

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
95konacoilair08 wrote:
dwlinkage wrote:
lol but now i want juicy 7
lol yeah dude!!

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 11:32 Quote
hi guys i had the same problem i bleed the system from every connection in the hoses it seemed to sort the problem air must get caught on the hose fittings. If you dont know what i mean level the master cylinder keep the res full and pump the lever till it gets hard. hold it solid and loosen each joint till a bit of fluid comes out do this with all the connection the chances are you should find air some where.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015147
Mobile Version of Website