Help with 180 to fakie out (whatever it's called)

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Help with 180 to fakie out (whatever it's called)
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
I can get the 180 fine and I can fakie (off walls and stuff) 9 times out of 10, but whenever I land I pretty much just fall over. Is it becuase I'm applying to much pressure to pedals or something? (yeah I searched but it didnt help much)

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
It just takes practice. I had the same problem when I was learning. Just keep at it and you'll dial it in.
What I did to help is found a bank and just practiced fakie-ing for a little while so I was more used to it when I landed the 180.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
try it on a slope first...or somthing that goes into a slight slope...when you land i recommend just back pedaling and keeping your balance takes practise...i went from my freecoaster back to cassette one day and it took me like 1 hour to start rolling out of fakies like that again...just takes practice...

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
um i dont know if this will help but i find that if i turn my head more and spin faster and try to land exactly 180 from where you took of the straighter you land the more exit speed you will have and mabe you dont have enough speed to carry on so try a little faster

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
for me i find if i under spin a lil bit it keeps me more centered so i can fakie easier. btw i had the same problem

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008175
Mobile Version of Website