race face diabolus seatpost, why bother?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
race face diabolus seatpost, why bother?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:13 Quote
So, is there any real reason to spend 60-80 bucks on a seatpost like this? has anyone snapped a raceface evolve seatpost before?

Mod
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:24 Quote
If you think $60-$80 for a seatpost is expensive, you will shit a brick when you see the price of a Thomson Elite or Thomson Masterpiece. Even the Easton EC90 will set you back a couple bills.

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
the thompson posts a so nice, and light, but are very pricey,

the master peice is wut 250, and the elite is 125

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
I hope to get a Thomson Elite for under $60 new. It's good to have connections. Smile

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
laurie1 wrote:
If you think $60-$80 for a seatpost is expensive, you will shit a brick when you see the price of a Thomson Elite or Thomson Masterpiece. Even the Easton EC90 will set you back a couple bills.
ya dude, you have NOOOOOOOO idea

listen to laurie, she knows what she talkin aboutPimp

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:36 Quote
auzzy-man wrote:
I hope to get a Thomson Elite for under $60 new. It's good to have connections. Smile

yeah smae, its called E.P

Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:37 Quote
mustardman525 wrote:
laurie1 wrote:
ya dude, you have NOOOOOOOO idea

listen to laurie, she knows what she talkin aboutPimp

and also has nice legs

Mod
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
i find the more expesnive a seatpost is - the more likely it is I am to break it. The most reliable ones for me have been the no name ones that are like $15.. unless yhour a weight weenie - a seatpost is a seatpost.

Mod
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 7:42 Quote
I prefer to shell out money once and purchase a quality post such as a Thomson. These seatposts are the real deal. Not only are they really light but they are one of the strongest seatosts on the market. A seatpost is an excellent place to drop a lot of weight by going with a lighter post and it is rather inexpensive for weight to money ratio. I have sheared cheaper posts clean from the clamp (Titec). That is what made me choose a Thomson and I have nothing bad to say about them.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 7:48 Quote
i've had a few seat posts break in the past so now i stick with thomson...they make light and strong posts and give me peace of mind

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 7:56 Quote
buy a 15 doller one and gut it short or drill holes in the bottom,unless your a spandexer than you need your seat way high

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 8:01 Quote
of course there is if you want it to match the rest of your diabolus kit.

although the sdg i beam is the best for light weight and strength.

i traded my free thomson seatpost for a diabolus,just i have never seen the big thing about thomson,and they don't have lay back.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 10:57 Quote
terriflow3-0 wrote:
i find the more expesnive a seatpost is - the more likely it is I am to break it. The most reliable ones for me have been the no name ones that are like $15.. unless yhour a weight weenie - a seatpost is a seatpost.

I've had similar experiences and definitely agree. The only expensive seat post I ever owned, I snapped the clamp off of it fairly quickly. Then there's the generic ROX post I got off my Oryx probably 6 years ago which has been through a fair bit of abuse and held up just fine. The only difference is weight which is a lot more noticeable when taken off the tires than a static piece.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
as a big guy who rides hard i've killed about 5-6 entry level seatposts. the hardware just isn't up to the task if you land on the seat with any real force. either the cheap barrel nuts strip or the bolts snap off. if you're real smooth and don't come down hard then you shouldn't bother upgrading, but i've even broken Diabolus posts while i was learning supermans and bellyfloping on the seat once in awhile. nobody should bother upgrading just to "keep up with other people" but some really need the extra strength and the extra cost becomes worth it.

Posted: Apr 23, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
i never had a problem with the cheaper seatpost either would always be the more expensive. well until i got my thomson that is just bomb proof and really light. and never scratches some how.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010341
Mobile Version of Website