Surrey Riders Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Surrey Riders Thread
Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 8:04 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Creegz wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:

You will get there eventually. It's not difficult, it just takes a lot of balls. I took a 5 year break from dirt jumping so I'm starting all over again. Gaps make me nervous too.

Well let me know when you plan on riding, I will make it easily if I have time. I don't know anyone reliable that will ride dirt jumps. I'm almost always alone haha.

Ya for sure. I haven't done too much dirt jumping lately, majority of my riding is downhill and trails. I definitely want to check out invergarry when it re-opens. I sold my dirt jumper 3 years ago now I only have my norco range. I've never jumped with it before.

My friend has an older Norco DH bike from when he had a sponsorship and he claims dirt jumping on it is fine but I have yet to get him to actually ante up and go riding with me.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 14:28 Quote
You can jump pretty much any bike. Just takes some time getting use to it. My buddy dirt jumps with his 2008 norco A-Line. I think it weighs around 48 pounds too.

Posted: Mar 29, 2014 at 17:18 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
freeride5 wrote:
I tried he didnt show up and then turned his phone off for a couple days. Nows hes saying its sold

You didn't call the police? They can trace the ad to where he lives.

I did they said they couldnt.

And the best thing to do is arrange a meeting.

Posted: Mar 30, 2014 at 1:27 Quote
freeride5 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
freeride5 wrote:
I tried he didnt show up and then turned his phone off for a couple days. Nows hes saying its sold

if the ad is still up I can contact him. See if it goes anywhere.

Posted: Apr 3, 2014 at 21:29 Quote
freeride5 wrote:
ThunderChunk wrote:
freeride5 wrote:

You or had have a police report filed I'm assuming?

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 0:23 Quote
Thanks for all the spots guys, I am definately up for rocking the chainsaw out at stokes pit and building some log rides, Ive been riding ledgeview alot later, some amazing trails, but that place could use some good log rides again, I guess the sport has shifter away from that and more into the jump and drops

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 7:04 Quote
log rides are over Razz people like to go fast now, if you plan to build any log rides in stokes make sure it is not in the city park proper. they don't love that.

Posted: Apr 6, 2014 at 8:41 Quote
ktm226 wrote:
Thanks for all the spots guys, I am definately up for rocking the chainsaw out at stokes pit and building some log rides, Ive been riding ledgeview alot later, some amazing trails, but that place could use some good log rides again, I guess the sport has shifter away from that and more into the jump and drops
once I get my car on the road I'll come help build them

Posted: Apr 10, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
Does anyone know where i can get mastic tape around here? Madder

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 22:19 Quote
Isn't stokes pit gone? It's been turned into an industrial park. Can't believe the developer's got away with that, it's criminal how they demolished it.

Posted: Apr 13, 2014 at 22:21 Quote
firefox6 wrote:
Does anyone know where i can get mastic tape around here? Madder

Try princess auto or call up a building supply store like Dick's or KMS tools.

Posted: Apr 14, 2014 at 9:54 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
Isn't stokes pit gone? It's been turned into an industrial park. Can't believe the developer's got away with that, it's criminal how they demolished it.

Most of it is gone, and its really sad.

however you can get in from behind the industrail park and alot of the old ladder bridges are still in there, most of them need repair especially the skinny-teeter/totter, the ravine drops look like some a*sholes did them on dirtbikes so those will have to be rebuilt

and around latimer lake theres some stuff build by SORCE

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 10:53 Quote
Yeah that sorce stuff will get torn out in the future once the city starts moving forward with that area.

Don't forget about the sections of trail across the street north of the lake. Good times

Posted: Apr 21, 2014 at 21:19 Quote
Is this a joke? 1100$ hahahaha wow must be smoking some good stuff

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/bik/4427301665.html

Posted: Apr 22, 2014 at 9:12 Quote
Yeha but only ridden once means best quality 10 years later.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018159
Mobile Version of Website