Best Dirt Out There For Building Dirt Jumps

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Best Dirt Out There For Building Dirt Jumps
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:50 Quote
I am currently working on my trail i was wondering what kind of dirt i should be using to build dirt jumps and how much a load of sand from a transport will be

FL
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 7:53 Quote
We tend to use clay with carpets, and seems to work lovely. Not pure clay of course

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 9:06 Quote
i heard fill sand is pretty good after its packed it does the job

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 8:07 Quote
Sand is O.K if you live in a region that receives plenty of rain, if sand jumps get dry, they turn into powder and get super soft. If you can, use clay. When it gets packed, it's so solid, and hard. Once again, sand is good if you have a dependable water source.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
sand is like 11 usd$ a cubic yard

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 20:59 Quote
i use clay with with a little bit of sandish dirt in it

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 21:01 Quote
nowarning wrote:
I am currently working on my trail i was wondering what kind of dirt i should be using to build dirt jumps and how much a load of sand from a transport will be

I like ultra fine dirt and mix it with water. When it dries, it is almost as hard as concrete and you can ride in the rain and the jumps won't be hurt at all.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 21:06 Quote
clay
when its wet, it molds easily. but when its dry, its as hard as cement!

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
Subsoil. Fill dirt is meant to drain easy and be cheap. Soil is soft, high in organic material, and hold moisture a little too long. Subsoil is the perfect blend. It's what actually supports a foundation. It packs down nice. It also holds a moderate amount of water without being muddy.

Subsoil is a little different from one region to the next but is pretty much always what you ask for if buying dirt.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 22:21 Quote
ive never thought about buying dirt before, i guess that would work great. i allways have do dig and where i live in the summer the dirt is hard and dry as rock filled with rocks.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 22:28 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
ive never thought about buying dirt before, i guess that would work great. i allways have do dig and where i live in the summer the dirt is hard and dry as rock filled with rocks.
ahahahahahahha good joke! nice one buddy

not

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 22:31 Quote
mustardman525 wrote:
santacruzer1 wrote:

not

your just a hater.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
santacruzer1 wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:
santacruzer1 wrote:

not

your just a hater.

Says the guy who called out some stranger on the internet for smoking pot for no good reason.

FL
Posted: May 10, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
I agree with Santacruzer1. I have never bought dirt before, only shovels to dig the dirt. The jumps I used to go to had a long entry trail, so carrying dirt was out of the question, but I never even thought of doing that. Most of the time we just got the dirt from in between the take off and landing. Needless to say, we had very few tabletops.

Posted: May 10, 2008 at 22:36 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
santacruzer1 wrote:
mustardman525 wrote:

not

your just a hater.

Says the guy who called out some stranger on the internet for smoking pot for no good reason.
thank you david mak................... this guy also trys to call me out in like every thread i go to

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012675
Mobile Version of Website