Handle bar and stem question.

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Handle bar and stem question.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 8:36 Quote
Most people have a short stem with no rise but with high rise bars, would it not be the same if you had a stem with alot of ride and short ride bars?? I would think it would feel the same.??... or am I just talk out my butt

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
well in theory it should be the same if you have a bar with 2" rise and no rise on the stem would be the same as a stem with .5" rise and a bar 1.5" rise if the stems were the same lenght

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
Yes. It's the same. In fact that's a better option really. It's a lot easier to make a straight bar strong than a riser bar. The fashion police long ago decided that riser bars look better.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:36 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Yes. It's the same. In fact that's a better option really. It's a lot easier to make a straight bar strong than a riser bar. The fashion police long ago decided that riser bars look better.

that is true and it can be quite a bit litter as well

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
and i guess it's the same case with steerers, right? the dj/street trend is going towards a slammed stem, cut steerer, zero rise stems with huge rise bars.

i have 3 small spacers under my stem, and a mid rise bar... it should be equivalent to a high(er) rise bar that's slammed, no? and plus, i have the flexibility of a longer steer tube (future frame compatibility, resellability, etc.)

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 12:58 Quote
cool thanks for your answers

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
in theory yes but if you fork out for super expensive forks and expensive ish frame they u should should fork out fot decent bars n stem...it spoils the look man it spoils the look Pimp

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 19:54 Quote
generally to get rise on a stem, the stem has to come forward (otherwise you're essentially just clamping a zero rise stem higher up on your steer tube). so yea you could put a riser stem on your bike, but its going to throw your bars further forward which will change the way the bike rides.

so yea, if you want to have your bars 3" above your headtube, but not thrown forward, a large rise bar is the only way to do it.

Posted: Apr 26, 2008 at 20:00 Quote
lol, my frame is WAY too small for me, so I have both

Posted: Apr 27, 2008 at 1:14 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
lol, my frame is WAY too small for me, so I have both

thats what I had before lol, but now I've got my new frame I was wondering is I should bother spending and extra £60-80 on new bars and stem

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 15:10 Quote
hey what should i put on my 2008 STP2..? let me know what you think

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
m-anderson wrote:

put your left foot on your left pedal, your right foot on your right pedal, left hand on left grip, index on front brake, right hand on right grip, index on rear brake. ass on seat...optional.

then ride it a bit. your bars are fine. what problem do you have with them that needs desperately to be alleviated?

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
haha .. idk money to burn want something new
nwd26 wrote:
m-anderson wrote:

put your left foot on your left pedal, your right foot on your right pedal, left hand on left grip, index on front brake, right hand on right grip, index on rear brake. ass on seat...optional.

then ride it a bit. your bars are fine. what problem do you have with them that needs desperately to be alleviated?

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
m-anderson wrote:
nwd26 wrote:
m-anderson wrote:

get a chainguide for the front then. that'll pay off so much more.

e13 32 special. done.

e13 drs if you want to keep your front derailleur.

Posted: May 17, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
i already tried like 5 different bike shops and they said that its really hard to find a chaing guide for my bike because the way the frame bends :S but ill try and find the chain guide you suggested... e13 32 special you say?
nwd26 wrote:
m-anderson wrote:
nwd26 wrote:

get a chainguide for the front then. that'll pay off so much more.

e13 32 special. done.

e13 drs if you want to keep your front derailleur.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011633
Mobile Version of Website