Homemade Parts!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Homemade Parts!
Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 18:48 Quote
this guy has to be a troll. wtf... cover your shitty welds with epoxy to hide em.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 18:53 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
this guy has to be a troll. wtf... cover your shitty welds with epoxy to hide em.

You obviously don't know the tensile strength of JB Weld.

All I can say for anyone out there doing what they want to do, go for it. If shit breaks, you learn, you try again. Its just that simple.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 19:12 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

All I can say for anyone out there doing what they want to do, go for it. If shit breaks, you learn, you try again. Its just that simple.

If shit breaks you'll just be impaled or loose an eye, or a limb. Its cool. I'll say it again. Do it and post results.

Posted: Jan 15, 2015 at 20:28 Quote
meh, I think that guys gotten fair warning. assuming hes read what we post since hes since posted his newest idea on strengthening his soldered welds.

for all we know hes building the fork for someone he hates lol

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 1:54 Quote
hawskill wrote:
photo
[/PI]

Dont think NASA didn't use JB weld to hold the space shuttle together.
Compression and rebound dampers installed.

lol

its gotta be better than a CTD fox! tup

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 7:33 Quote
Losing an eye must be cool I guess.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 7:40 Quote
ezekiel wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

Actually, its about 4000 psi. Which sounds a lot. But when structural steel is around 60,000 psi, its pretty feeble.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 8:45 Quote
4000psi good thing I only weigh 210lbs...

Just so you all know, because I know some of you are getting worked up, this fork is not a jump fork, its a threaded fork for a 1990 scott... this is version 1.0 other pieces (and soon corners) have been cut for 2.0.

This fork will be fully tested to fail point upon its completion. but this bike normally sees 3 rides a year if its lucky.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 8:51 Quote
Braze your next one do not mig weld it. There is no need to mig weld anything on a bike EVER.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 8:56 Quote
Tsoxbhk wrote:
Braze your next one do not mig weld it. There is no need to mig weld anything on a bike EVER.

I attempted to braze it originally however my rods would not melt, I was using mapp gas and lit my table on fire 2x.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 8:57 Quote
hawskill wrote:
Tsoxbhk wrote:

I attempted to braze it originally however my rods would not melt, I was using mapp gas and lit my table on fire 2x.

I pretty sure you are only going to get away with silver rod when using map gas. But it can work.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 13:24 Quote
hawskill wrote:
photo
Still nowhere near as sketcy as this eBay masterpiece

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 13:51 Quote
"Throwerely cleaned" ?

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 14:07 Quote
NotDannyHart wrote:
hawskill wrote:

Damn, listing has been removed. Did you save any pics of it? I love funny shots of mediocrity. Makes me feel better about myself.

Posted: Jan 16, 2015 at 14:08 Quote
six66 wrote:
NotDannyHart wrote:
hawskill wrote:

Damn, listing has been removed. Did you save any pics of it? I love funny shots of mediocrity. Makes me feel better about myself.
I did
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025755
Mobile Version of Website