Trails in progress, show us your building skill.

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Trails in progress, show us your building skill.
Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 14:38 Quote
recklessness wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
recklessness wrote:

That has been the word for a while now, but they haven't. Sup with dat?
No idea, people knew before Strength in Numbers so that's what a year a year and a half? Nothing like dragging out the pain
It was also mentioned in this blog recently. Can someone from Cali please clarify?

Hey, that would be me! Theres a lot of rumors about it, and no one around here even seems to be sure whats up.

I've heard Post will be torn down immediately after the SC Mountain Bike Festival, but then I've also heard that they have to do more work on the plans for the Trader Joes that's suposed to replace Post Office, so it could be up for a little longer. I've also heard rumors about if it does get torn down, it will be rebuilt nest to the Aptos Pollo Ground Jumps, or in a separate lot. But all of this is just what I've heard from people in positions who whould know whats going on, and they cant seem to come up with the same story soo... Rolleyes

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 14:40 Quote
DanielRistow wrote:
recklessness wrote:
CameronRose wrote:
No idea, people knew before Strength in Numbers so that's what a year a year and a half? Nothing like dragging out the pain
It was also mentioned in this blog recently. Can someone from Cali please clarify?

Hey, that would be me! Theres a lot of rumors about it, and no one around here even seems to be sure whats up.

I've heard Post will be torn down immediately after the SC Mountain Bike Festival, but then I've also heard that they have to do more work on the plans for the Trader Joes that's suposed to replace Post Office, so it could be up for a little longer. I've also heard rumors about if it does get torn down, it will be rebuilt nest to the Aptos Pollo Ground Jumps, or in a separate lot. But all of this is just what I've heard from people in positions who whould know whats going on, and they cant seem to come up with the same story soo... Rolleyes
Well, thanks for clearing up that they are currently in limbo. Has the property actually been officially sold to the developer?

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 15:13 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
It's self inflicted rage. Every builder knows it. You can only get away with it for so long.

Your attitude really sucks. Brockham would be ploughed by now if I thought like that.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 15:21 Quote
recklessness wrote:
Well, thanks for clearing up that they are currently in limbo. Has the property actually been officially sold to the developer?

The developer Barry Swenson has owned the land for a while and has let post office exist, so we can complain to much, but it still sucks.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 15:30 Quote
DanielRistow wrote:
recklessness wrote:

The developer Barry Swenson has owned the land for a while and has let post office exist, so we can complain to much, but it still sucks.
Best of luck. It would be a shame to see them torn down. Soooo much history there.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 16:16 Quote
haighd2 wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
It's self inflicted rage. Every builder knows it. You can only get away with it for so long.

Your attitude really sucks. Brockham would be ploughed by now if I thought like that.

I didn't say give up building, infact do the opposite and enjoy life. But getting mad at other people for taking down jumps that YOU built on land that is NOT yours is childish, like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

Posted: Feb 19, 2013 at 22:16 Quote
hi, all! can someone help me with the design of a dj park, i am note sure if it will work and i am not very sure about what heights i should use for each element. i know that a lot of you will say that i should go build -try-fix it but the problem is that i will have a machine(smthg like a bobcat) for a few days so i want to use it wise. here is the plan. i am doing this for passion , and it will be the first real dj in the area.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k0eo3tlr4sumguf/dirt%20cu%20trasee1.pdf
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BzRKo_NWLSZuclpIaUhsRGd6MVU/edit?usp=sharing

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 2:32 Quote
the fat was these dudes were in contact with the farmer, and he didnt even tell them what was happening. (or thats my understanding of it)

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 11:43 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
haighd2 wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

I didn't say give up building, infact do the opposite and enjoy life. But getting mad at other people for taking down jumps that YOU built on land that is NOT yours is childish, like a kid throwing a temper tantrum.

I didnt imply that you said give up building. no one has said that.

As i said if i had your attitude brockham would be ploughed by now so would alot of other spots. When confonted by authority you can either lie down and accept it or you can fight it. I suspect you are not exactly someone who would be fighting on the beaches. That is shame.

Im not saying you have a legal right to be building on other peoples land obviously you dont. But possession is nine tenths of the law and in the uk at least thanks to our adverse possession laws you can take land from people who arnt using it. Also whether you have the moral or legal right to use land owned by someone else but not being used by them is a more complex issue than you are leading people to believe.

In this instance the guys at Wingham had negotiated with the landowners got insurance etc (admittedly they had since let this lapse) but they then turn up one day to find thier trails ploughed without any notice. That IS somehting to 'get mad about' no one is throwing tantrums but expecting common decency out of an organisation that you had an agreement with is not childish. The land owners, who by the way is are a schoool and have no other possible use for the land as it cant be developed, are in this instance being unreasonable jobsworth dickheads. They could have just met with the riders and said sort your insurance out before the spring. They gain nothing from what they have done. It is just mindless.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 11:56 Quote
It is still the choice of the landowner, which was my point. If it was your land I can understand getting mad, but doesn't matter how much you talk to the land owner and agree upon stuff, if they want it gone, they can do whatever they want. Cry me a river....

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 12:21 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
It is still the choice of the landowner, which was my point. If it was your land I can understand getting mad, but doesn't matter how much you talk to the land owner and agree upon stuff, if they want it gone, they can do whatever they want. Cry me a river....

No ones crying dickhead.

Life is simple for simpletons.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 12:34 Quote
Its the fact they were in contact with the riders, and gave them no notice, had they have said "look we are going to lough your trails" then fair enough, they could have argued, or walked away, it is the fact they did it with no warning. Look at villij, they turned up to find dudes with diggers knocking shit down, they had a word, got the bulldozing stopped, and are still going strong now. Just because they were given the chance to argue their case.

I should also point out the wingham dudes were off at uni for the past few years so didnt really have to justify insurance for about 4 rides each year. (they rode my set more than their own) . The main issue i can see it being ploughed for was they once had a 20 ft deep hole that they were ordered to re fill... This re emerged this year, and that could have prompted the dozing.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 13:40 Quote
To be fair if the land owner gave permission then a proper contract should have been drawn up outlining the rights of the builders and the landowners, if your jumps get ploughed you can blow all the hot air you like it wont bring them back unless you have a proper legal case. Even then they would have to be a hell of a set to go to court over. At the end of the day agreements made on someone's word don't mean anything.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 13:43 Quote
haighd2 wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

No ones crying dickhead.
Actually, you pretty much are crying.

Posted: Feb 20, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
recklessness wrote:
haighd2 wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:

No ones crying dickhead.
Actually, you pretty much are crying.

I find it funny haighd2 how you think I wouldn't fight for something, because I have for a trail and guess what? they won and I had to remove the trail myself by hand(shovel). Over here you can't get away with any of that shit without getting in legal trouble, huge fines in court or have your spot removed. You guys atleast have a chance to negotiate.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026102
Mobile Version of Website