The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
nickel wrote:
Already been done. 3rd crab is 46, 4th is 54. Big A-Line table after s berms is 35, big side after rock drip is 38. First DM step up is 21 strait pull. That's the main stuff I remember off top of head.

If we're on this line on inquiry, any idea about the last jump on the 2nd section of Freight Train (into the left hander)?

Specifically here: https://youtu.be/CW-gM7vw3X8?t=117

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 15:03 Quote
Well crabs is a little dissappointing Razz

Great work this year Nickel well done Salute

O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2017 at 19:42 Quote
lazarescu wrote:
nickel wrote:
Already been done. 3rd crab is 46, 4th is 54. Big A-Line table after s berms is 35, big side after rock drip is 38. First DM step up is 21 strait pull. That's the main stuff I remember off top of head.

If we're on this line on inquiry, any idea about the last jump on the 2nd section of Freight Train (into the left hander)?

Haven't taped that one out that I know of. Based on other things we've measured I'd say over 30 but under 35.

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 21:42 Quote
nickel wrote:
lazarescu wrote:
nickel wrote:

Haven't taped that one out that I know of. Based on other things we've measured I'd say over 30 but under 35.

Cheers bud. After having ridden it countless times, that badboy ended my season this year. I'll be back with avengeance.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 9:51 Quote
Hey all, hows the trails running?

O+
Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 10:42 Quote
I went through cut yer bars the other day in the rain and it was fine, wanted to keep it short when it's raining hard and like 1 degree. Rode howler like a week ago but that was before the last 2 snow dumps so I don't know how higher stuff is.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 11:37 Quote
kevin267 wrote:
I went through cut yer bars the other day in the rain and it was fine, wanted to keep it short when it's raining hard and like 1 degree. Rode howler like a week ago but that was before the last 2 snow dumps so I don't know how higher stuff is.

Ok cool thx, ill keep it to the lower areas.

Posted: Oct 24, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
Going to the Coast Gravity park on Saturday, room for 2 more people!

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 16:44 Quote
Preview vid of new Creekside trails from the preview weekend. (Not my vid).

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 10:17 Quote
Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread before, but when is the earliest in the season you can hit whistler and still be able to ride everything besides top of the world. Looking to do a Whistler, Coast, Kamloops, Big White trip and ideally would like to go early/mid June. Is that too early?? Are the trails pretty soft? Thanks in advance for any advice or answers!

-Shawn

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
Whistler would be fine but if you're looking at going to other bike parks besides coast gravity you'd have to see what's open.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 12:45 Quote
lineskier1925 wrote:
Sorry if this has already been discussed in this thread before, but when is the earliest in the season you can hit whistler and still be able to ride everything besides top of the world. Looking to do a Whistler, Coast, Kamloops, Big White trip and ideally would like to go early/mid June. Is that too early?? Are the trails pretty soft? Thanks in advance for any advice or answers!

-Shawn

Garbanzo most likely not be open till late June early July depending on the snow pack. Lower Fitz trails should be golden.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 18:01 Quote
They usually aim to have Garbo open for the first day of summer, June 21st or so.

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 at 13:27 Quote
Just booked my flights out! Should be hitting up Whistler mid June till mid September. Cant wait!

Anyone else making the trip out this Summer?

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 7:41 Quote
As long as I got enough money. Debating on whether or not to go opening day.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021660
Mobile Version of Website