The Whistler Thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
The Whistler Thread
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 8:54 Quote
be like a sneak til opening day, don’t eat you will save a lot ;!!

Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 9:28 Quote
Looking to move out to whistler (from scotland) anyone able to give advice on where to stay and what to do for work will be e looking at about September time.

O+
Posted: Jan 29, 2018 at 12:05 Quote
Haddow-B wrote:
Looking to move out to whistler (from scotland) anyone able to give advice on where to stay and what to do for work will be e looking at about September time.

If you have a pulse you can get a job here (as long as you are able to legally work), housing is the issue here, the earlier you get out the better.

Use Craigslist and some of the local Facebook groups to start looking. Good idea also is to look for a job with employee housing.

Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 10:21 Quote
Hey y'all

So I just got laid off down in Vancouver and think it's time to make the jump to Whistler full time.

For those of you who live up there year round, how is the long term housing market? Like leasing year to year? Or is it all a shit show with having to move every 3 months? Thankfully I'm not super broke, but I still don't want to pay 3g a month for rent haha...

cheers

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 15:00 Quote
Stainer wrote:
Hey y'all

So I just got laid off down in Vancouver and think it's time to make the jump to Whistler full time.

For those of you who live up there year round, how is the long term housing market? Like leasing year to year? Or is it all a shit show with having to move every 3 months? Thankfully I'm not super broke, but I still don't want to pay 3g a month for rent haha...

cheers

My gf lives there, sound like most landlords prefer one year leases. Word of mouth seems to be the best way. There's a Facebook group too but the rentals go very quickly on there. Also if looking for a job the first question they will ask is if you have a place to live. She shared a house at first for $800/mth, then upgraded to a studio for $1200.

O+
Posted: Feb 17, 2018 at 15:59 Quote
Stuffs out there if you're lucky. I have lived in 3 places over the 7 years I've been here

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 19:30 Quote
Good luck. Housing market is a shit show. I'm lucky, but studios are going for nearly $2000/month, 1 bedrooms are often $2500. I know people who were paying over $1000 to share a room.

O+
Posted: Feb 19, 2018 at 21:59 Quote
I'll take my 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom basement suite in surrey for $600/month and just drive to whistler to bike Smile

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 at 20:51 Quote
If you are looking for a job, try the Squamish, Whistler & Pemberton career websites. They have some reasonably paid jobs come up from time to time.

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
Nonsmoker wrote:
If you are looking for a job, try the Squamish, Whistler & Pemberton career websites. They have some reasonably paid jobs come up from time to time.

I'm browsing them daily to see if anything remotely related to my industry pops up!

Thanks for the input guys!

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 11:59 Quote
Stainer wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:

I'm browsing them daily to see if anything remotely related to my industry pops up!

What is your industry?

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 12:39 Quote
leelau wrote:
Stainer wrote:
Nonsmoker wrote:

What is your industry?

Television broadcast haha.... Layoffs suck Frown

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 13:33 Quote
Stainer wrote:
leelau wrote:
Stainer wrote:

What is your industry?

Television broadcast haha.... Layoffs suck Frown

Ahhh sorry to hear that. It's obviously a bit thin in the Sea to Sky. I know people working on movies and film as set construction or safety but that all depends on exactly what part of TV broadcast you were in. It's a large field as you know

Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 4:55 Quote
Just been looking ahead to bike park passes for the coming season.. We're going from 22nd aug -13th sept and were planning on buying 10 days pass for summer (till end sept) and then a pass for sept-onwards which from last years prices totalled at about 450gbp. This year there doesnt seem to be a fall option? Do thye just not release these till later? When is the unlimited pass at 679CAD applicable to? Doesnt seem to say on the website and i don't wanna ring internationally really to find out!! Anyone got any insight?

O+
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 at 6:51 Quote
bigbluebike wrote:
Just been looking ahead to bike park passes for the coming season.. We're going from 22nd aug -13th sept and were planning on buying 10 days pass for summer (till end sept) and then a pass for sept-onwards which from last years prices totalled at about 450gbp. This year there doesnt seem to be a fall option? Do thye just not release these till later? When is the unlimited pass at 679CAD applicable to? Doesnt seem to say on the website and i don't wanna ring internationally really to find out!! Anyone got any insight?

Pass info can be found here:

http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets-passes/passes

Fall passes won't be announced until later, and it always starts after extended play stops, so would probably be Sept 5th.

Unlimited pass is good for the whole season, they are on sale until May 20th.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.082737
Mobile Version of Website