SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 22:15 Quote
g123 wrote:
@makripper: you are 100% correct, no question. Aside from the fact I have ridden these lines an obscene number of times over the years, I also just rode both DM and Aline *today* with a buddy who broke his derail on Garbo. He is a midlevel rider - Aline is about his max - and he had no chain. I did a "sympathy" chainless run with him. No pedal, no problem, & all tranny.
@VJ: List those spots. I'd love to hear them. I'll check them out on my first lap tomo am.
I don't think anyone is trying to gain anything here, calling out bullshit is fair game.

you know f*ck it. im not going to win this one.,

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 22:41 Quote
Well if you had to put in pedal strokes there, then that's your style I guess but it doesn't take a pro, or even close, to flow all of those spots without any pedals. Old DM and new DM (this yr), as well as new bigger Aline hits do not need pedals. I can guarantee you that.
thereisnospoon is right, no hill is perfect. Whiz is good but thundered to shit right now. Crabapple and new upper DM are the only smooth lines I found. SS is buff but has pretty small jumps overall - WTL is the biggest line there, but is pretty average for whis, tiny compared to the big hits.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 22:55 Quote
VJ it's not abt winning it. I usually don't give a fu ck about the forums, but thought it was funny tht we happened to run Aline chainless today. Your resp to makripper was pretty harsh, esp considering he was right.
Anyways, Kent had legit comments. We've all heard the same abt jump spacing on rockstar from lots of ppl new to SS. All the really short jumps on rockstar need is some fill on the backside to lengthen them out.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 23:02 Quote
g123 wrote:
VJ it's not abt winning it. I usually don't give a fu ck about the forums, but thought it was funny tht we happened to run Aline chainless today. Your resp to makripper was pretty harsh, esp considering he was right.
Anyways, Kent had legit comments. We've all heard the same abt jump spacing on rockstar from lots of ppl new to SS. All the really short jumps on rockstar need is some fill on the backside to lengthen them out.

im not sure it came across. i thought i had agreed about rock star. it kind of sucks especially towards the bottom. my criticism was about pipe dream. i cant think of anywhere you need to get on the pedals.

Posted: Sep 14, 2014 at 23:08 Quote
for some reason the comment rubbed me the wrong way. the big one i could remember is having to pedal like hell on dm into the right side of creek gap. also there was a section of aline that was in rough shape. the 3 had 'whip it' spray painted on it. also the rock drop into the long short table on the right i always seemed to need more speed. there wa also a new big table 2 years ago on the out run to glc.... it was almost impossible to make that one.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 7:12 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
uhm.. no. do you really feel the need to be involved. the comment before it was edited was a list of spots that you need to pedal on aline and DM. (you do realize alone and DM are in whistler?) im not sure what you have to gain here. read the comments again. no one slammed a criticism about SS here. rather you havent read the content or you are somehow involved

your permission isn't something I need to post anything. ever.

I go to Whistler every year, usually immediately after several days at Silverstar. I'm fairly familiar with the trails on both hills. the criticism posted here has merit, don't take it so personally.
I posted because the harshness of both of your responses were entirely unwarranted (particularly your original pre-edited comment, which wasn't a list of spots where one needs to pedal. you were bashing Mak). there's not call for it.
Silverstar is still one of the best hills in the world, but there's always room to tweak.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 8:18 Quote
AAAaaannnnndd another season of SS is done! I had fun, picked up some speed, finally nailed the 3 pack on Rockstar, didn't suffer any breakages on the bike, or myself for a change. Except my last lap, in the Vault, on the blue jump line...got cocky an overshot the second table resulting in a pedal gash that looks like a huge animal bit me haha. Hurts like hell, but whatever. It was a solid reminder to keep taking small steps towards progressing. Peace out from one of the old guys! Beer

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 10:30 Quote
FS4M1K3 wrote:
AAAaaannnnndd another season of SS is done! I had fun, picked up some speed, finally nailed the 3 pack on Rockstar, didn't suffer any breakages on the bike, or myself for a change. Except my last lap, in the Vault, on the blue jump line...got cocky an overshot the second table resulting in a pedal gash that looks like a huge animal bit me haha. Hurts like hell, but whatever. It was a solid reminder to keep taking small steps towards progressing. Peace out from one of the old guys! Beer
yeah man it was a really fun last day! Already can't wait till next year!

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 10:35 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
makripper wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

you got that wrong about pipe dream. The speed on that one is almost the same all the way down. if you have to pedal on that one you are using your brakes. Rock star I will give it to you that it is too pedally and same with sections of Jedi mind trick. The new section you have to be careful as you are dead on with the under shot to over shot.

I have ridden dirt merchant and A-line a lot and there are pedally sections on them too. If you like the jump trails walk the line is pretty decent. no pedalling on it really. just got to keep off the brakes. also pretty well balanced. It is good you are giving your opinion though. I am not slamming you for it.
If you have to pedal on DM or Aline you are drunk.

I had a big response and listed the sections you need to get on the pedals but im not going to bother. you are right. you are the only person in the world who has ridden whistler. you should probably be at red bull now checking it out. i wont keep you from your professional mtb schedule.
Sounds like you should stick to crank it up until you can find the flow on Aline.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 10:45 Quote
Don't feel like its over guys, there's still lots of bitching and criticism on the Vernon Riders Thread... Come join!

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 10:47 Quote
makripper wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
makripper wrote:
If you have to pedal on DM or Aline you are drunk.

I had a big response and listed the sections you need to get on the pedals but im not going to bother. you are right. you are the only person in the world who has ridden whistler. you should probably be at red bull now checking it out. i wont keep you from your professional mtb schedule.
Sounds like you should stick to crank it up until you can find the flow on Aline.

tell you what. give me a call next time your in the area and we can see what you got. ill pm you my number. we also dont have to hit silver star.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
vernonjeff wrote:
makripper wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:

tell you what. give me a call next time your in the area and we can see what you got. ill pm you my number. we also dont have to hit silver star.
says the 41 year old. LMAO!!

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 11:13 Quote
U stay out of this XB you fukn pot-stirrer.

All good VJ. Come check out the DM and Aline stuff new this yr, u will like it. Floaty boosters and a better gate keeper on DM to keep the riff-raff to a maximum. Ripper riff-raff that is.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 11:14 Quote
makripper wrote:
vernonjeff wrote:
makripper wrote:

says the 41 year old. LMAO!!

sounds like we have a date. if you are better no body cares. if i humiliate you you are going to look like an ass.

Posted: Sep 15, 2014 at 11:15 Quote
g123 wrote:
U stay out of this XB you fukn pot-stirrer.

All good VJ. Come check out the DM and Aline stuff new this yr, u will like it. Floaty boosters and a better gate keeper on DM to keep the riff-raff to a maximum. Ripper riff-raff that is.

how long you out there g? I still have a couple of days on the pass. trespasser is on the bucket list also.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012263
Mobile Version of Website