SILVER STAR thread

PB Forum :: Canada - West
SILVER STAR thread
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
I heard that most of the trails from the paved path down are mint! Although we woke up to 5cms of snow today.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:05 Quote
i went there 2006 but that was pure luck cause i was only going to vernon for vacation so i thogh i pass by and see how are the trail dh cup and dd are amazing ,so sad i wont be going there anymore

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
so stoked going up for a week this summer

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 8:58 Quote
I have a feeling that i'll be jetting away from work early wednesdays this year Smile

Can't wait boys should be a good time as always.

Anyone here old balls enough to remember back in the day when they hung your bike on a tie-rope from the little green 2 seater chair? hahaha 20 mins from the village to the top.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 10:42 Quote
Yep, I did a couple of BC Cups back in the day when it was just a double chair.
I'll be up there on Wednesdays too. Should be sweet! Went for a drive up there and the snow I saw looked pretty new (from Fri / Sat)... Seems like the rumors are true that the park will be in great shape for opening! Just hope it can dry out a bit more.

O+
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
new update on the website http://www.skisilverstar.com/home_showSection_ID_505.html

stoked to ride on next sunday and monday. cant make it for opening day.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 at 0:38 Quote
Only a few more sleeps - beyond fired up!
Going to Whis on Tues/Wed, just bought a new 13' fiberglass camper and need a road doggie - anyone down for an warm up?

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
Anyone know if there is any new trails? I heard that they are making "blast off" right from the top! (thinks thats the run)

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 at 18:34 Quote
No news about Blast off being finished from the top down. A new trail called LTG (Low to ground) is a replica of Double dog, but the stunts are a little smaller for the novice/intermediate rider.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
Ya i went up there on opening day and tried the new trail "ltg", it was a bust, constant pedaling and the features were not worth the effort.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 19:55 Quote
540biker wrote:
Ya i went up there on opening day and tried the new trail "ltg", it was a bust, constant pedaling and the features were not worth the effort.

They say the trail isnt done yet. All the features were there last year. Trail crew says they are coming out, and new ones are going in. But ya, right now ... not as lame as poo corners, but pretty darn close.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 20:15 Quote
LTG will not be finished until after Shazam is done to the bottom.

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
540biker wrote:
Yea i was dissapointed with LTG, it was alot of effort and pedaling with few stunts

O+
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
got in 2 days this sun and mon. good times. it was so hot on sunday, waiting in the rather big line up for 30 min. and then the pop machine ate my money. i really think they need to have water down at the bottom(and i talked to quite a few people on the lfits who said the same thing), even be it a hose.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019284
Mobile Version of Website