massanutin

PB Forum :: Downhill
massanutin
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 13:42 Quote
hey any one been to massanutin dh race because this will be my second time riding it and if you know about any trick and tips i need them cuz ill be racing a pritty dang fast rider in my class

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
i havent been but with racing myself you just gotta get over all off the pressure keep ur head dwn enjoy and shred

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 13:57 Quote
lukecottier wrote:
i havent been but with racing myself you just gotta get over all off the pressure keep ur head dwn enjoy and shred
thanks

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 15:06 Quote
pedal your a$$ off!!!
and take as many fast lines as possible.

Posted: May 7, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
dude eric you'll be fine
ive never been obviously but with big ole rock gardens u always gotta find ur line and have it in ur head so u know where to go

Posted: May 8, 2008 at 6:00 Quote
for mass run about 5psi more air than you normally would at a race. the top rockgarden eats rims and tubes very easily.

out of the gate get a few good cranks in before you enter the first rockgarden. if its like it was last year take the far left or middle line if you can. try to pedal and carry as much speed as you can through the flat rockgarden afterwards untill you hit the fireroad.

sprint as hard as you can down the fireroad and up the next hill.

once you cross the fireroad you are in the fun part. pedal every chance you get and carry as much speed as you can through the singletrack.

for the rocky switchbacks go very high up and square the turn off. this lets you straight line down the rocks instead of having to turn in the middle of them.

on the next fireroad dont touch the brakes at all if you can help it. the waterbars are brutal and its terrifying to pedal but you shouldnt have to touch the brakes at all. fly into the woods and skim over all the roots in your way. its pretty easy to clip trees here (from what i remember) so be a bit careful

the last rockgarden is pretty easy but it seems to claim a lot of riders who get off line (theres really only one line).

after that pedal your ass off till you get to the finish.

Posted: May 3, 2009 at 9:29 Quote
this year massanutin is back and it is next weekend any one have other ways of doing it?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018581
Mobile Version of Website