Help Bleeding Hayes Stroker Trail

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help Bleeding Hayes Stroker Trail
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 11, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
I need a few tip/pointers on how to bleed a hayes stroker trail brake system,i have the bleed kit, but no instructions on how to use it or go about the whole bleeding process, if anyone has any info or a link to an instructional video or how to site, that would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 14:20 Quote
Buy a Syringe.

Connect the bleed fitting to the lever body, with some hose on it leading to a container.

Pump fluid in from the caliper till no air bubbles come out of the lever.

Close bleed screw securely.

Cap the reservoir.

I'm not sure where the bleed fitting goes on the lever body, but it's pretty much just a Hayes Nine with a different orientation of the reservoir.

Posted: May 12, 2008 at 16:26 Quote
i just bled my stroker trails too. very easy. got some directions off of parktool. just be careful when you use the bleed fitting

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 6:07 Quote
Do you think that just pumping fluid from caliper through lever to a cointainer is enough? I'm trying it for 3 hours, have all bike in fluid but still can feel that there is some air.

When I push the lever - pads (I mean this something the pads are attached to) don't move. They starts to move after few pushes of lever. I think it needs to be bleeded, yea?

While bleeding rear brake, how important is it to rotate your bike (as in hayes' instructial video avaible on youtube)?

I would be really grateful, if you told me what is this reservoir (near brake lever/master cilinder) for?

Posted: Feb 12, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
just loosen off the bolts on the master cylinder, then while pushing fluid through the system rotate the master cylinder on the bar to let all of the air escape

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 3:08 Quote
Ok, I tried - it's really better. But...

After I push on the brake's lever few times, it seems to be a LITTLE bit "loose" and pads hardly ever moves (and do not return). Is it effect of air in a master cylinder - still needs being bleeded? While pumping fluid through the brake, I didn't notice any air bubbles (in any lever's position).

Please, help me quickly!

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 6:09 Quote
http://www.randzonenbiker.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/stroker-bleed-instructions.pdf

bleeding instructions

Posted: Feb 13, 2009 at 11:10 Quote
i cant see how its so problematic for you... dont even pump the lever while you're bleeding it...strokers are stupidly easy to bleed... took me 10 mins my first try... havent had to do it since and that was 8 months ago

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 14:52 Quote
What am I doing wrong? I have the bike in a 45 degree angle, the bars are turned, I'm using a syringe filled with prestone dot 4 brake fluid, I have the proper bleed cap on my master cylinder (I bought the bleed kit), I push fluid through the caliper (let air bubbles come back in syringe), push fluid till it drop in my catch container (till I no more air bubbles come through the hose), push the brake leaver a couple of times till no more bubbles come out (leaver facing down), turn the leaver 180 degrees up to let remaining air come out (repeat three times), push more fluid through till no more bubbles, turn bolt shut on caliper...

AND my stocker trails still dont have any braking power!!!! Whats the deal?
Im bleeding my friends brakes, I've never had the problem with my own before..
Can somebody help please.

Posted: Jul 27, 2010 at 18:14 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
contaminated pads?

I dont believe so.. I took them out and put them aside. It's not that they don't grasp the disc, it seems like their isnt enough pressure for them to get to the disc. I've bleed them three times, I've made sure their was no air and it still does not work :S

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
contaminated pads?

I dont believe so.. I took them out and put them aside. It's not that they don't grasp the disc, it seems like their isnt enough pressure for them to get to the disc. I've bleed them three times, I've made sure their was no air and it still does not work :S

maybe one of the pistons in the caliper has seized? try the front pads in the rear caliper to determine if they're contaminated or not.

Posted: Jul 28, 2010 at 18:28 Quote
lucky-7 wrote:
contaminated pads?

maybe one of the pistons in the caliper has seized? try the front pads in the rear caliper to determine if they're contaminated or not.

Will do. Thanks for the help. I think I might go to the bike shop to see if they can figure out whats wrong. Thanks again.

O+
Posted: Sep 15, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
So my stroker trail front brake is messed up. I think it needs to be bleed but I'm not sure. The lever has no pressure and doesn't rebound back at all. It's like the plunger on the lever is broken. Is this how it feels when they need to be bleed or did I brake something inside the lever body? I did wreck on that side of my bike so I could have messed up the lever at way.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013021
Mobile Version of Website