Help Bleeding Hayes Stroker Trail

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Help Bleeding Hayes Stroker Trail
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2012 at 3:03 Quote
socalshreder wrote:
So my stroker trail front brake is messed up. I think it needs to be bleed but I'm not sure. The lever has no pressure and doesn't rebound back at all. It's like the plunger on the lever is broken. Is this how it feels when they need to be bleed or did I brake something inside the lever body? I did wreck on that side of my bike so I could have messed up the lever at way.

when it needs a bleed the lever will feel squishy no resistance to it at all which is always accompanied by very little/weak braking power; to none at all. the fact that the lever doesnt return indicates something broken in the master cylinder/piston assembly.

O+
Posted: Sep 30, 2012 at 14:50 Quote
cruelty-and-the-beast wrote:
socalshreder wrote:
So my stroker trail front brake is messed up. I think it needs to be bleed but I'm not sure. The lever has no pressure and doesn't rebound back at all. It's like the plunger on the lever is broken. Is this how it feels when they need to be bleed or did I brake something inside the lever body? I did wreck on that side of my bike so I could have messed up the lever at way.

when it needs a bleed the lever will feel squishy no resistance to it at all which is always accompanied by very little/weak braking power; to none at all. the fact that the lever doesnt return indicates something broken in the master cylinder/piston assembly.
Yeah I figured the actual piston that attaches to the lever and body is bent.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015791
Mobile Version of Website